Finding European comics

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
Mordecai

Finding European comics

Post by Mordecai »

New to Mylar; I've been trying to find some European comics like those by Enki Bilal, like Exterminator 17 or the Hunting Party, by Moebius and Jodorowksi, like The Incal, or even Christin and Mezieres, Valerian an Laureline.
I hardly find anything from those writers/artist. I understand that there is much more from DC and Marvel posted online but I wonder if there is anything I can do to improve results.

Currently I'm using Usenet to search; my indexers als NZBGeek en NZB.su. Are there other indexers that are better for finding European comics, or other search methods?
Any help is very welcome.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Finding European comics

Post by evilhero »

You're at the mercy of usenet in this case. If you can manually search on the provider and find them, then mylar should be able to as well provided they posted them with some same naming.

Having different indexers isn't going to help since the ones that index comics index the same groups, which generally means they'll all have the same results. Even then they would have to be posted with the correct naming so that Mylar could match things up appropriately, and given those titles you listes, it's a safe bet that they wouldn't be named correctly.
Mordecai

Re: Finding European comics

Post by Mordecai »

Yes, I was afraid of that. Thanks for the reply. I'll have to get lucky I guess, and maybe search for different names.