Question about the renaming file function.

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
naugrim

Question about the renaming file function.

Post by naugrim »

Hi All,

I was wondering if it's possible to keep or add the name/title of a series when running it through the renaming function in Mylar. Like for example if i have a comic called B.P.R.D. Hell On Earth 107 - The Wasteland.cbr and I run it through the renaming function you end up with B.P.R.D. Hell On Earth 107.cbr, it strips out "The Wasteland".

I've been searching for a few days and could not find anything on that in the forums, but I was sure Mylar used to have that feature, but I could be misremembering as it's been a long time since I've tinkered with Mylar.

Thanks
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Question about the renaming file function.

Post by evilhero »

Issue Title isn't supported due to the insane naming conventions some users have.

It was implemented partially years ago, but it ended up breaking more things than anything else, so it was removed.

It's been requested several times, but in adding it in, it will literally break the parser and then it becomes an issue of reliability of need vs reliability of want.

It might return at some point, but it's not a high-priority item as other things need to get addressed prior to that particular aspect.
naugrim

Re: Question about the renaming file function.

Post by naugrim »

Thanks for the info EvilHero,

Now I know I wasn't losing my mind :D