Import and move files from download directory

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
MobileInsomnia

Import and move files from download directory

Post by MobileInsomnia »

How can I get Mylar to move files I downloaded manually?

Sometimes I manually download a bunch of comics. I've tried running both "Scan Comic Library" and "Manual Post-Processing". Mylar seems to correctly identify them, marks them as downloaded, and can open to read them in Mylar. But it doesn't move them. I've checked the "Move files" box. Am I misunderstanding anything? How can I get Mylar to rename and move the files? (I'm not sure if Mylar is renaming them, as I often do a pass using ComicTagger.)
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Import and move files from download directory

Post by evilhero »

Make sure that it's moving them to the location you're expecting it to - on each series you'll see it says the Location where the files are to be monitored / checked from. If it's physically accessible by the mylar user, it will have a green checkmark beside it. If it has an X icon beside it, then the directory doesn't exist.

I'm guessing what happened is that you did the Scan A Directory option with the 'user series folders as paths' option which tells mylar to set the ComicLocation path for each series you import to the location where the files currently reside (not where you want them to be moved). If the status is changed to Downloaded, and you can open them from within Mylar - then the files exist in the location specified in the series directory path (described above).

You should never run both "Scan Comic Library" and "Manual Post-Processing" on the same directory - Scan will import series that do not currently exist in your watchlist and allow you to add them. Post-Processing will only post-process (move, tag, rename, etc) files that belong to series that are on your watchlist. I'm pretty sure you did a Scan first with the 'paths' option enabled, which then locked the series' to the current scan location. Post-processing wouldn't do anything at that point.

But yeah, check the paths - make sure they are where you expect them to be. If they're not, you can manually change the paths so they'll point to the location you want, but if you have hundreds there might be easier ways to do it.
MobileInsomnia

Re: Import and move files from download directory

Post by MobileInsomnia »

You're exactly right! I've got a ton of comics to go through. The data for the directories doesn't happen to be stored in a text file somewhere that I can parse directly? I'm sure I'd need to do it while Mylar wasn't running, and could screw things up if something gets entered wrong. But I've been going through each one in the browser, and it's taking forever... haha!