Mismatched status in weekly pull list

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
bl1ght

Mismatched status in weekly pull list

Post by bl1ght »

HI guys,

Not sure if this has been there a while and I only just noticed or it's a new thing, but if I look at last week's pull list I have items with a status of Skipped, Downloaded, Auto-Want, Wanted and Mismatched.

How do I clear the 'mismatched' flag or do I need to, will Mylar re-query this title itself and clear the flag?

Now that we are all moving to Mylar3, any pointers on specific posts to read regarding the ini file or particular processes?

Thanks
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Mismatched status in weekly pull list

Post by evilhero »

It's a new thing - in order to show that the backend that Mylar pulls weekly data from, says the comicid is different than what should be on the weekly pull. This usually happens when a new volume of a series starts, or the CV name is different than what the backend has so it can't match up properly. Before the mismatch tag, Mylar would match it incorrectly, which would result in issues being redownloaded or downloaded that were for the wrong series and causing some havoc.

The mismatch tag tells you that it's currently a broken match, and eventually Mylar will get it straightened out - usually when CV updates their end. There are some cases however that requires manual intervention - in which case if you happen to see a Mismatched tag and it doesn't clear off after a while (~ day or so depending on if it's a Wednesday or not), it needs to be manually corrected on the backend by myself. In these cases, we're asking to just submit an issue on github or a forum post and we'll correct it as soon as we can (or even better, hop on discord and tag the title in the #comicvine-mismatches channel).

Eventually I'd like to build out a way for a user to manually correct the title, however that brings up some other issues that confused the entire process, so atm it's manual intervention if needbe by myself. I don't really want Mylar to be sending info to me in regards to stuff due to privacy concerns, but being able to click a button to 'report' an issue would be the ideal aspect.

There isn't one one-stop shop to see all the differences between Mylar & Mylar3. You can go to the Releases section of the github and browse thru the releases - each release contains a changelog indicating what's in each release, so you can probably get a good insight as to what's going on by just keeping up to date on that kind of thing (or hang out in discord where everyone is constantly talking about stuff)
bl1ght

Post by bl1ght »

Thanks for the reply and the work on Mylar, it's appreciated.

The mismatched flag is useful and it would help if the title was rendered as a link as are the other titles (to CV or internal)

It's been a week since the titles have been out so I used the following process to clear them. Running a recreate or refresh on the weekly list doesn't change the flag until the underlying title has been updated.

1. issue flagged as mismatched in pull list and does NOT clear after a couple of days
2. refresh the title to receive updated publication date
3. once the date has been updated, return to the pull list and recreate the list
4. if still not updating, hop on discord and tag the title in the #comicvine-mismatches channel

Note: Mylar is running in a container that I've bounced a couple of times during the last week so that may have interrupted any scheduled tasks within Mylar that might have fixed this automatically.

Thanks for mentioning the Releases section and a pointer to Discord
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

This is all informational type stuff since you got it working more or less, but it might affect you subsequent weeks so thus this:

If you're looking at issues from the big publishers that aren't DC - ie. Marvel, Image - those titles don't seem to get updated until the weekend of the Wednesday pull - Marvel seems to be getting updated lately on Sundays. So the titles within Mylar (both from the pullist and the series itself) might not show anything new until the Sunday following the Wednesday new comic listings.

Recreating the pull would only help if a manual update on the issues was made by myself, or CV updated it's dataset and your pull hasn't updated to reflect the new changes yet (usually in a 4hr rolling window). The process you went thru to clear them out is what Mylar does every ~4 hours usually (the pull controls what mylar matches to, so unless that's correctly pointing to the correct series it won't match up on the pull accordingly).

The tasks are all stored persistent to the rebooting - so it knows when it's been 4 hours since the last update ran and it will run it when that window opens up next. Restarting / shuttting down shouldn't affect the schedulers from firing off at their alloted times unless you keep Mylar off for a few days, then it has to do some backlog updating type of stuff.
bl1ght

Post by bl1ght »

Great stuff! Thanks for the extra detail as I'm sure many users are like me and head to this board only occasionally when things seem odd and finding the inner workings helps us determine if it's an issue or not.