Fresh install. How to get going

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
MobileInsomnia

Fresh install. How to get going

Post by MobileInsomnia »

I've got Radarr and similar running. I'm trying to get up an going with Mylar. I've got 2 issues, but I want to tackle one at a time. Here's my setup:
Ubuntu 20.04
Indexers: DOGNZB, DrunkenSlug, nzbplanet.net, and SimplyNZBs
2 Usenet providers
Enabled DDL
SABnzb without a username/password, and API key added to Mylar
Installed Mylar into ~/Mylar
Python ver 3.8.5
Comic directory inside my user home directory. Used the full path for the comics in the settings
Comic vine API used

I've added some comics, Mylar has found some of the issues from Usenet, but it's not downloaded the NZB nor sent anything to SABnzb. It's also found 2 comics using DDL, and successfully downloaded both. I do get a TypeError in the logs. Recent log here: https://megafile.cc/d/x9LR/specific-37

Any ideas? Where should I go from here?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Fresh install. How to get going

Post by evilhero »

It's saying it doesn't know what your SABnzbd address is - so it can't send anything to your SABnzbd instance.

Did you happen to save the config via the Save button after you entered in all the configuration information?

If you did, or have, what value is currently in the Sabnzbd Host field within the configuration ?

Also for future reference, you can generate a care package file via the configuration screen and attach that - it includes cleaned logs, cleaned config, and your db so that we can work thru any problems you're having.

Also, Also - you might want to enable verbose/debug mode to get more thorough logging. Either start Mylar with the -v switch, or set the log_level = 2 in the config.ini (with Mylar not running), or you can do it via the History Tab/View Logs/Toggle Verbose Logging On (the last option won't be persistent after a restart).
MobileInsomnia

Post by MobileInsomnia »

Thank you! I feel silly that I missed that!

Now that it's found some of the files I wanted, it doesn't seem like it will fetch the NZB files anymore. I tried getting it to search for some of the comics that the logs indicated were found, but it doesn't give those same messages in the logs. I manually added one of the NZB files, downloaded it, added it to the folder, and had it rename the file. How do I get it to "redo" the ones it's found before, but failed to transfer to SABnzb because I hadn't configured Mylar correctly?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Try to restart Mylar in order to get it to start downloading again. Odds are it errored out because of the incomplete config values and locked the queue. Restarting clears the errors and starts fresh.

For it to retry the downloads again, you'd have to click on the retry option for the given issue on either the series detail page, or the History page if it's available. Seeing as how it failed prior to sending it to SAB tho, there probably isn't a retry option available for you.

Your best bet is to just do a normal search again and it should send it correctly this time - depending on how you searched for them last time of course (manual search via the magnifying glass icon, Force Check from the Wanted tab, marking an issue as Wanted via the checkmark icon, etc).
MobileInsomnia

Post by MobileInsomnia »

Thanks! I'm closer now. But the NZB files showing up in SABnzb as links like this (API key and IP censored):
http://192.168.xx.xxx:8090/api?apikey=x ... ner.2019.0...

When I manually add the NZB file, or when another automator does, they show up like this:
DC.Love.is.a.Battlefield.001.2021.Digital.Zone-Empire

None of my other automatic clients show up like that. They try a bunch of times then fail. It's setup as "http://localhost:8080" in Mylar.

Both programs are on the same machine. I'm sure I've configured something wrong.
MobileInsomnia

Post by MobileInsomnia »

I uploaded the carepackage here: https://megafile.cc/d/RgzW/carepackage

I've still not figured out what I'm doing wrong. I've got comics that is says are "Snatched", but I can't find all of them. Some are located in the "cache" directory in the mylar folders.

I found some of the NZB file it's located in the cache, and copied them into the SABnzb directory, downloaded them, but I can't find them now.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Odds are this was related to CV being down for the past day and a half (the logs in the carepackage indicate that it was unable to reach CV repeatedly).

Restart Mylar and then try again and see what happens (note that you probably want to put Mylar into debug/verbose mode prior to searching and/or immediately after a restart - you can do it for the current session only by going into the History tab / View Logs / Toggle Verbose Logging On)
MobileInsomnia

Post by MobileInsomnia »

I'm still having issues with this. Any ideas? I can't get Mylar downloading files from Usenet...
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

MobileInsomnia wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:08 am Thanks! I'm closer now. But the NZB files showing up in SABnzb as links like this (API key and IP censored):
http://192.168.xx.xxx:8090/api?apikey=x ... ner.2019.0...

When I manually add the NZB file, or when another automator does, they show up like this:
DC.Love.is.a.Battlefield.001.2021.Digital.Zone-Empire

None of my other automatic clients show up like that. They try a bunch of times then fail. It's setup as "http://localhost:8080" in Mylar.

Both programs are on the same machine. I'm sure I've configured something wrong.
The reason why it shows in SAB as link - is because it's downloading the nzb from mylar itself. So the way it goes is:
- you initiate a search for something.
- Mylar finds it, and matches it.
- Mylar then downloads the nzb and saves it into the cache folder.
- When it sends the information to SAB to grab the download, it opens up a temporary one-time randomly generated API key that expires after one use. This temp api key is included with the url link it sends to SAB which is basically pointing back to your Mylar install issueing the downloadNZB api command (which then sends the previous downloaded nzb directly to SAB).
- SAB uses the link to download the NZB.
- Once downloaded Mylar will either initiate post-processing via ComicRN or CDH depending on what you have enabled.

Mylar downloads the nzb first so that it can verify some of the nzb headers to make sure what the name of the file is within the nzb (since nzb's can be named anything, we want to know what the filename is inside so we can verify stuff). So yeah it's different than the other automators, but that's mainly cause of any lack of standardized naming conventions and we can't trust that the nzb filename is what it says it is at face-value at least (cause people are gonna people).

Do you have a return_host value set in the config.ini ?
Or do you have more than one network address for the specific machine on your LAN ?
Is the 192.168.x.x:8090 the correct IP for the machine that Mylar runs on ?

Also the previous carepackages expired, so I can't view anytihng.
MobileInsomnia

Post by MobileInsomnia »

Thank you so much for the program and your support!!!! I hadn't set return_host to anything. Setting that fixed it!