Noob Help Please

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
Fozza

Noob Help Please

Post by Fozza »

Hi Guys

I came across this after setting up Sonarr and Radarr and it sounds like an awesome project that would save me stacks of hassle getting comics to read.

I have set it up as best I could following the installation instructions.
I have snatched comics but nothing appears to download.

Happy to go through any guides etc. But couldn't find anything specific using the search function.

Any help gratefully received.

https://megafile.cc/d/55zg/carepackage-1

Cheers

Fozza
Fozza

Re: Noob Help Please

Post by Fozza »

Hey guys, Still looking for some help or even a link to a guide etc?
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

Hi Fozza, there's only a few of us so sometimes things will get missed. I'll take a look at your care package.
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

OK, looking at your logs you did download Darth Vader but you never enabled any sort of post-processing, so Mylar simply downloaded the files then left them alone. You need to make sure that after going to Settings (cog wheel), under Web Interface that your comics directory is set, and that when you click on Quality and Post-Processing that all of those options are set.

The last thing I would suggest is mounting your comics directory as a drive, rather than a network path. I haven't used Mylar on Windows in many, many years but I vaguely recall it didn't like using network paths all that much.
Fozza

Post by Fozza »

Thanks Offspring appreciate you stepping in, sorry wasn't sure about the expected response time.

You are right I have found the Vadar comics in the cache folder of Mylar and have moved them. I think have set up Post Processing so they move automatically in the future.

Have now set up a few things to download, trying to do the future state story ark that lists 19 episodes and also some catch up Marvel comics.
Mylar has created the folders in the disk but nothing seems to be downloading.
Is this just something I should give time to or should I have seen downloads of some of that stuff already? Maybe I have not got the search providers set up correctly? I use NEWHOST for NZB but couldn't see any way to add it?

Again sorry for the Noob questions but the program looks awesome and I am desperate to understand how to get the most out of it .

Goes without saying that donations will be forthcoming ! :)

Thanks for the assistance.

https://megafile.cc/d/Erpg/carepackage-2
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

I would suggest enabling DDL (GetComics) under the Search Providers tab if you haven't already, as that will absolutely help out with finding new comics. Wednesdays and Thursdays are also slower at getting new comics, because Mylar relies upon ComicVine to update, and that's only updated by one person who takes quite a while to complete the weekly updates. I'll take a look at your new care package now to see if I see anything obvious.
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

I see you spammed the "Manual post processing" button quite a few times but it only really saw Darth Vader, which you already have. One thing I noticed:

Avengers by Jason Aaron: The Final Host (2018)

That's a trade paperback, noted by the acronym TPB. You will need to go into that specific series on your Watched list (the main view) and edit the comic to ensure Mylar knows it's a TPB, because by default it doesn't play nicely with TPBs. In fact, most of the comics you've added are TPBs so you'll need to do that with all of them.
Fozza

Post by Fozza »

Thanks Offspring will do that now.

Silly question, should i be pointing my monitor folder at the mylar cache folder?
Just this seems to be where they are downloading to.
Is this needed or will it post process what it has downloaded without needing to monitor the cache folder?

Also my DLL queue seem to kick into action when I restarted the mylar program. Is this something I need to do after adding each new comic?

EDIT : When I go to the ANT Man and the Wasp TPB in Edit the TPB is greyed out and wont let me forcibly select it? Guessing this is because the software has already clocked correctly that it is a TPB?

EDIT2 : How would I add other search providers such as NZBCAT and others? I have USENET accounts that use SABNZB but not sure how to search for comics to send to SAB?

Thanks again for taking the time to help out.

Fozza
Last edited by Fozza on Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Offspring

Post by Offspring »

Not sure why it would be greyed out, that's odd. No, you shouldn't point your monitor folder to the Mylar cache folder. If you download something using DDL, and you haven't changed the path for where Mylar downloads files (you shouldn't), then Mylar will automatically pick them up and move them. You want to point the manual processing folder/monitor folder to somewhere that files would be dropped into normally that Mylar doesn't know about, and thus you'll need to manually process everything.

Basically what I'm seeing in your logs is that you're trying to process Darth Vader, Miles Morales: The End and Adventures of the Super Sons over and over again, even though you already have all of the issues already.
Fozza

Post by Fozza »

Yeah that's my bad, I have obviously pointed the manual post processing to the main comics folder.
Then moved it to the cache folder. Will correct both and point it at a temp folder where I will drop manually downloaded comics.

https://ibb.co/0cjyNf7