Noob Help Please

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Noob Help Please

Post by evilhero »

Yeah, I was blurbing crap in the iRC to Offspring who was bascially nodding his head going 'yep, yep' with all the info.

So here's a brief rundown:

I can't tell if you have WinRar installed or the like - but you need to have it installed if you want to be able to convert cbr files to cbz (which is basically rar --> zip).

Your ComicTagger settings are located in : D:\Mylar3\mylar3-master\.ComicTagger\

If you browse to that directory, you should see a file called settings. If you open it up in Notepad or some other text editor (it's just a text file), you'll see some settings therein.

Find the rar_exe_path line and add in the full path to your winrar executable (ie. if you have winrar on your system it would be something like : rar_exe_path = C:\Program Files\WinRAR\Rar.exe).

Once you have it changed, save the file. Then start up Mylar and see if you can metatag an item - either manually for an a given issue that's already in a Downloaded status (from the series detail page of a given series), or by downloading something.

That covers the Win87 Error that you're getting. It also covers the problem with your arcs not being updated, as it's failing during the post-processing so it can't fling the issues into the arcs folder and update them accordingly.

As far as the android aspect, the Download Location being specified should fix things - keep in mind that it can't be just the root, and Android has some restrictions on what you can access. When I was using it years ago mind you, I had it going into my SDCard on my Android tablet and it was working fine - albeit a bit slowly.

OPDS might be a better option if you're not needing to have copies of the files on your android device specifically (meaning you're not reading items offline, kinda thing).
barbequesauce

Post by barbequesauce »

OPDS == Open Publication Distribution System... it's a platform- and media-agnostic protocol for downloading media files, primarily books/cb*. Mylar has an OPDS server baked in.

What reader are you trying to use on your device?
burnshroom

Post by burnshroom »

Re; Story Arcs

While I do use them in their current state I will not profess to know all.

That being said, IIRc they also rely on ComicVine to populate the most current storyarc info, as of today ComicVine only shows 25 issues in the arc which is current as of this weeks releases. In the end based on this: https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/DC_Future_State#Issues, there should be 52 issues in the arc. The story arc doesn't automagically update itself so you would need to refresh the storyarc weekly and if CV is updated it should update the needed issues for the series.

Now if you already have the individual issues in your Watchlist, it will populate from there otherwise it can grab the issues individually by selecting the "Grab" option from within the individual storyarc.

As Offspring said above there is an update in the pipeline for better management of the Storyarcs as it is now without it's challenges.

Hope this helps.