Mylar3 Manual Post-Processing Folder Format

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
j5bot

Mylar3 Manual Post-Processing Folder Format

Post by j5bot »

I'm trying to re-organize my (messy) comics folder. I have the folder format configured to

Code: Select all

$Publisher/$Series ($Year)
and the file format set to

$Series $Annual $Issue ($Year)

When I do a manual post-process, the folder names are coming out as the default

$Series ($Year)
. It's possible that this is happening because I don't have the comics added to my list. I'm double-checking all of that. But they are getting processed and moved.

Is there something I should be doing differently?
j5bot

Re: Mylar3 Manual Post-Processing Folder Format

Post by j5bot »

I have realized I posted this in the wrong forum. My apologies.

I verified that some of the comics I was attempting to post-process *were* in my library in Mylar, so that does not appear to be the problem. I am going to try the post-process again with the same batch that didn't get put in the right place before and see what happens.
j5bot

Post by j5bot »

I don't know why this happened, but I see that the problem is that in the Mylar3 library, the directory associated with the problem comics does not have

$Publisher
in it. I will go through the titles one by one and add it in, etc. and see if that works... or just start with a fresh db.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Odds are when you started adding series to your watchlist, or when you did the Import A Directory aspect, you had the folder format set to just $Series ($Year) as that is the default.

Changing the Folder Format doesn't make Mylar go retroactively thru your watchlist and apply those new Folder Format settings to each series - it only applies the new Folder Format from the point it changed going forward.

If you want to change the path location to series on your watchlist that do not have the $Publisher tag in the folder location, you would need to either manually update each series (which would mean you would have to physically type in the publisher name into each path), or you could do a mass location update and have it apply your current Folder Format settings to your entire watchlist regardless of what your previous paths were (so they all follow the same naming convention). Note that the mass location just updates the DB itself, it does not physically alter any existing directory names.

The benefit of doing it the first way (manually renaming the path in the Edit Settings of each series), is that it will also rename the previous directory location to point to the new location path ( I can't recall if it will attempt to create the $Publisher folder if it doesn't previously exist using this method - it should? ), so it might save you a few times having to manually rename your physical directories to coincide to the new naming convention.

Or yeah, if you don't have alot of series you could start over with a clean db and just make sure your Folder Format is set to the way you want prior to adding any series or importing.