Install issues. I must be missing something.

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
bargle

Install issues. I must be missing something.

Post by bargle »

I got the mylar3 install working in docker for the most part. But I don't want to use docker.

I'm on Ubuntu Server and updated to the latest.
with Python Version: 3.6.9
Installed with git clone ... Works well with some exceptions, such as importing and autoprocessing of DLL isn't working. And most of all I don't want to use docker. They seem to get stuck in the cache folder.

This copy Starts fine but has a few issues that are driving me ape crazy. (There are more issues, but I want to get these issues first)

The two biggest issues so far are:
This Week Tab. I get the following error.

Code: Select all

500 Internal Server Error
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 638, in respond
    self._do_respond(path_info)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 697, in _do_respond
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 219, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 54, in __call__
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/opt/mylar3/mylar/webserve.py", line 1736, in pullist
    repoll = self.manualpull(weeknumber=weekinfo['weeknumber'],year=weekinfo['year'])
  File "/opt/mylar3/mylar/webserve.py", line 2023, in manualpull
    return mylar.locg.locg(weeknumber=weeknumber,year=year)
  File "/opt/mylar3/mylar/locg.py", line 56, in locg
    r = requests.get(url, params=params, verify=True, headers={'User-Agent': mylar.USER_AGENT[:mylar.USER_AGENT.find('/')+7] + mylar.USER_AGENT[mylar.USER_AGENT.find('(')+1]})
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'
Powered by CherryPy 18.6.0
And I am totally stumped. I'm guessing it has something to do with Cherrypy?
oh and the logs say this:

2020-10-25 17:18:04	INFO	ALT_PULL: 2 PULLBYFILE: False week: 43 year: 2020
2020-10-25 17:18:04	INFO	trying to repopulate to week: 43-2020
2020-10-25 17:12:48	INFO	ALT_PULL: 2 PULLBYFILE: False week: 43 year: 2020
2020-10-25 17:12:48	INFO	trying to repopulate to week: 43-2020
The other is the version and updating. It was just cloned so it's updated. But the version comes back unknown.

Version: None (master)
tried changing it to master but it didn't help.
I get this when trying to update:

2020-10-25 17:12:38	ERROR	Uncaught exception: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/mylar3/Mylar.py", line 386, in
main()
File "/opt/mylar3/Mylar.py", line 356, in main
versioncheck.versionload()
File "/opt/mylar3/mylar/versioncheck.py", line 364, in versionload
version_info = getVersion()
File "/opt/mylar3/mylar/versioncheck.py", line 86, in getVersion
output, err = runGit('describe --exact-match --tags 2> %s && git rev-parse HEAD --abbrev-ref HEAD' % os.devnull)
File "/opt/mylar3/mylar/versioncheck.py", line 69, in runGit
return (output.stdout, output.stderr)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'stdout'
2020-10-25 17:12:38	ERROR	Command git describe --exact-match --tags 2> /dev/null && git rev-parse HEAD --abbrev-ref HEAD didn't work [__init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'text']
2020-10-25 17:12:38	DEBUG	Trying to execute: git describe --exact-match --tags 2> /dev/null && git rev-parse HEAD --abbrev-ref HEAD with shell in /opt/mylar3
2020-10-25 17:12:38	ERROR	Command /usr/bin/git describe --exact-match --tags 2> /dev/null && git rev-parse HEAD --abbrev-ref HEAD didn't work [__init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'text']
2020-10-25 17:12:38	DEBUG	Trying to execute: /usr/bin/git describe --exact-match --tags 2> /dev/null && git rev-parse HEAD --abbrev-ref HEAD with shell in /opt/mylar3

What I am hoping for is a direction so maybe I can get what is going wrong so maybe I can fix the other issues w/o help.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Install issues. I must be missing something.

Post by evilhero »

As per the readme on github, only python versions above 3.7.2 are supported, but really 3.7.5 is probably the lowest version you should shoot for atm. Mylar3 is tested primarily against 3.8.1.

Once you upgrade your python version to a newer one, you'll have to run the requirements.txt pip install again against the new python version.

Once you've done those 2 things, I'm pretty sure the errors you posted should be resolved.
bargle

Re: Install issues. I must be missing something.

Post by bargle »

Doh! I somehow missed that. Or prob assumed the latest when I saw 3.x

Thanks for the help!