New Setup Lessons

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
hobbie2435

New Setup Lessons

Post by hobbie2435 »

The following is the best I can remember of what it took me to get the Mylar3 container from hotio in Unraid to talk and work with the binhex sabnzbd. First obviously grab the apps. Create a share in Unraid called "mnt/user/Downloads". Create a path for the files to go from Sabzbd. Add a container path "/Downloads" host path "/mnt/user/Downloads". Fire up Sab and create a category called "comics". Leave the priority/processing/script to default. In path "/Downloads". No other changes needed in Sabnzbd for Mylar setup. For mylar I added two container paths. The first is for the location you want the comics to be stored. I simply created a share called "Comics". So the first container is "/Comics" and host path "/mnt/user/Comics". The second is to be a dead match for the downloads in sab. Container path "/Downloads" and host path "/mnt/user/Downloads". The two matching fixed several issues. Running Mylar v0.4.1-Bite me fanboy. In web interface. Enter the comicvine API. Comic location path "/Comics/". Then moving on to Download Settings. For Sab enter the location page "http://192.168.x.x:portnumber". For the category put in "comics" just as you did in sab. Check the box that they are separate machines. Each container counts as a different machine. Sab download directory is "/Downloads" as done previously. Make sure it is IDENTICAL in case and path to the sab otherwise lots of errors. Also check completed download handling. In the quality and post processing tab I only have "enable-post processing" selected w/ move chosen from the drop down. Then in advance settings tab I have "rename files selected" and the issue padding preference changed to my preference. With these settings I was able to get the mylar3 container working on my setup. Hopefully, the time I put in tooling around will help someone else.

Evil Hero thank you so very much for creating this and being so responsive.
augmentum

Re: New Setup Lessons

Post by augmentum »

Made an account to thank you! I use NZBGET but it's pretty much the same. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with my setup because Mylar wouldn't grab anything and couldn't even find anything. Thanks again!