Can't get any comics to download...please help

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
mylarUser

Can't get any comics to download...please help

Post by mylarUser »

I'm having a heck of a time getting mylar setup and working properly. I'm new to Mylar, so much of my issue is likely my own incompetence, so I appreciate your patience and expertise.

Now for my issue. I have Mylar up and running, along with several other docker apps, including Transmission and Jackett. I have setup Mylar to use torrents and DDL (getComics) and I've verified that I'm using the correct categories within the torrent trackers. Mylar will find comics, I can mark them as wanted, but that's about the extent of what happens.

I'm happy to provide whatever other information is needed to help. Thanks.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Can't get any comics to download...please help

Post by evilhero »

If you're using DDL and it downloads soemthing, it does so in the background - the only way to see the progress/what's downloaded is to go to the Manage tab, then the Manage DDL button. You'll then be able to see if anything is currently downloading, what's downloaded and the current status. Keep in mind that things can be really slow downloading using DDL on Wednesdays typically.

If you have Post-Processing enabled, Mylar should post-process items automatically from a successful DDL download. If however you're using Torrents, there is no feedback via Mylar (atm at least) that will allow you to see the current downloading status of the torrent. Assuming you're running Transmission locally, what most users do is enable the Folder Monitor and set that to you torrent download directory (if you plan to keep seeding, you should set the Post-Processing action to Copy and not Move), then when the download completes it will be automatically post-processed by Mylar.

Also of note is to make sure you setup a notification of some kind, so that you can be notified of a successful snatch and/or a successful post-processing (meaning the item was downloaded successfully, post-processed, and moved to the Comic Location path specified for that specific series). This will allow you to know if an item has been snatched & post-processed successfully, or if it stalled somewhere inbetween.

We have moved to Mylar3 now (in support of python3), so if you're using the O.G. mylar (which only supports python2) we have stopped feature development on it and just issuing critical bug fixes as we've turned our attention to the new version.

If after all of that, you still can't get it to download, you'll have to post a debug log showing what happens when you submit a search request - you can enable debug logging by going into the Logs tab and click on the Toggle Verbose Logging ON. You can then attach the mylar.log file (located in the logs directory of your Mylar installation) and we can take a closer look as to what's happening with your setup.