Folder format and Annuals

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
senorsmartypants

Folder format and Annuals

Post by senorsmartypants »

I'd like to setup my series folders to have a subdir for annuals. I already have my annuals in subdirs, but my Mylar is not currently setup to put new annuals in the subdir.

From what I can tell I should be able to change my existing Folder Format from

Code: Select all

$Publisher/$Series ($Year)
to

$Publisher/$Series ($Year)/$Annual
I'm just wondering if that will work correctly when $Annual is empty for regular issues.

Also, I override the folder location for many series because I do more grouping. Like Marvel/Spider-Man/The Amazing Spider-Man (2018) . Is there anyway to get Annuals moved automatically into a subdir when you have a specific folder for a Series likes this?

I don't rename files, but would something like this be an option?

$Annual/{original filename}
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Folder format and Annuals

Post by evilhero »

As it is currently putting $Annual in the folder format won't be recognised as a valid folder format string, as it's only available as a filename option.

I'm also pretty sure that putting Annuals in a subfolder, while being able to be detected during a refresh/recheck might incorrectly tally the counts and count it as a 'Downloaded' status, as well as an 'Archived' status (since it's not located in the main series directory) - I can't confirm this, but I remember there was some problems at one point with the Annuals subdirectory being recognized and I can't recall if it was addressed or not.

Adding the $Annual as a folder format option is a valid option I think, and I'm pretty sure we can add it in with some changes - however, development on the python2 branch has been put on hold while we migrate to python3 in order to freeze the coding changes to a static date so we don't miss items. Once we've migrated over to py3 (mid-February is our goal), I can look at this more in-depth in order to accommodate the changes.
senorsmartypants

Re: Folder format and Annuals

Post by senorsmartypants »

That might have been me posting about the incorrect issue counts when Annuals are in a subdir. It still happens, annuals are counted twice.

The info "i" next to the Folder Format textbox lists $Annual as one of the options.

I'll look forward to the python3 version.