Moving to a new seedbox

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
IamOKAW

Moving to a new seedbox

Post by IamOKAW »

I just signed up for a second seedbox to be used exclusively for comics, using Mylar. Is there a way to transfer my wanted/pull lists etc.? I see the "
Export Wanted to CSV" and "Export Downloaded to CSV" but I can't seem to find where the CSV file is placed, nor do I see how to import it into the new client. Help?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Moving to a new seedbox

Post by evilhero »

IamOKAW wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:09 pm I just signed up for a second seedbox to be used exclusively for comics, using Mylar. Is there a way to transfer my wanted/pull lists etc.? I see the "
Export Wanted to CSV" and "Export Downloaded to CSV" but I can't seem to find where the CSV file is placed, nor do I see how to import it into the new client. Help?
If you're moving your existing setup to a new machine, your best bet would be to move the existing db structure over to the new machine. There are other options available (maintenance mode will export/import your existing watchlist, but not your Wanted / status lists), and the CSV options (for which there is no import option as this was for created for tracking outside of Mylar) - but neither will recreate your watchlist exactly as it is now, with your Wanted status intact.

You can copy over your mylar.db, config.ini & entire cache directory (as this houses your images for your comics when you view a series in detail - without it, they'll appear as blank image holders). The only caveat in doing this, while it will maintain all your Wanted status, and watchlists is that it's a bit more involved of a process, but usually it's not too bad. The process is:
- install Mylar on the new machine
- copy your mylar.db, config.ini & cache directory from the original location to the machine
- make sure Mylar is not running at this point.
- in the ini:
- leave the destination_path as is for now (this is Comic Location in the GUI and can be updated to the new location after this procedure has finished)
- find the [Update] section in the config.ini
- set the newcom_dir value to the new Comic Location path where all your comics will reside and be maintained by Mylar.
- set the locmove value to True
- if your folder_format string is broken up by publisher (ie. $Publisher/$Series ($Year) ) set the fftonewcom_dir value to True. If the folder_format is like the default with no subdirectories enabled (ie. $Series ($Year)), set the fftonewcom_dir value to False.
- save the config.ini and close it
- start up Mylar. If you've started it with debug enabled (-v switch on the command line), you'll see logging lines indicating that it's moving items and how many it's done on completion (it takes about a minute if that, but if you have thousands of series in your watchlist, it might take a bit more)
- Go into Mylar and check some series via the series detail page to make sure the directory location of the particular series is pointing to the new folders structure.
- If everything's ok, go into the Configuration and change the Comic Location path to point to the new location and save the configuration (this makes sure that any new adds will be added in the proper location).
- You can then verify that the locmove variable is set to False (as if it's not, it will try to perform an update location again upon the next restart and so on).

Keep in mind that if you're running Mylar on a seedbox, and you're using 32P as a provider - you cannot use Auth Mode and have to use Legacy Mode. As Auth Mode will sign you in to authenticate, you'll be logged in on the seedbox as well as on your home machine, and you'll end up getting flagged due to their system (ie. same thing happens with a VPN, unless you tell them ahead of time of what you'll be doing). You might be aware of this, but I tend to always repeat this to users as an FYI more than anything.