Folder naming options - 1st letter of Series Name?

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
errorik

Folder naming options - 1st letter of Series Name?

Post by errorik »

I have been using the following:

Code: Select all

$Publisher/$Series $VolumeN ($Year)
My problem is that for some (ok, most) when I browse the Library folder structure I forget/don't know the Publisher name... so I would like to switch to a First letter of Series Name (similar to top filter menu offered at the top of the Mylar home page web UI).

Is it possible to accomplish this?

Are there hidden / undocumented variables we can use or are functions allowed?

Something like:

Code: Select all

$Series.upper[0:1]/$Series $VolumeN ($Year)
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Folder naming options - 1st letter of Series Name?

Post by evilhero »

No hidden variables for that type of manipulation - as it doesn't exist at all within Mylar.

It would require some code and more testing to accomplish it, also not quite sure what the [0:1] would indicate - the idea being is to try and follow the KISS template when it comes to some of the items for usability.

It might be possible, but again - it requires some coding changes, and not much time atm to do that as we're invested in some other types of coding within Mylar so not sure when the timeframe would be if it were to go into Mylar, if at all.
errorik

Post by errorik »

Thanks for the response.

Regarding the [0:1] - I did a search for python substring functions and it looked like [start:end] was the syntax.
barbequesauce

Post by barbequesauce »

You’re correct about the syntax - the point is that it isn’t a one-place change. Off the top of my head, this would impact the manual post processor, completed download handling, nzbget pp, sab pp, the file checker, opds, and likely a few I’m not thinking of without coffee...
errorik

Post by errorik »

One more note... my end suggestion is not necessarily to allow functions, etc in the Folder naming input, but to create an additional folder naming variable like $SeriesLetter which equates to the first [file name safe] letter or number in the series name.

Thanks.

I understand that this is not currently possible. Is this something I should post to the "Feature Requests" board or not something you are interested in adding?