Manually Enter NZB link for wanted issues

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
CWeed

Manually Enter NZB link for wanted issues

Post by CWeed »

It would be great if we could specify the URL for a NZB when Mylar is having problems finding a specific episode due to crazy naming... Iron Man/Captain America: Casualties of War comes to mind as one that has so many different ways the uploader could have named it.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Manually Enter NZB link for wanted issues

Post by evilhero »

CWeed wrote:It would be great if we could specify the URL for a NZB when Mylar is having problems finding a specific episode due to crazy naming... Iron Man/Captain America: Casualties of War comes to mind as one that has so many different ways the uploader could have named it.
If you're having issues with the naming, you probably want to make use of the Alternate Search Name option that's located on each series detail page on the Edit tab. You can have as many Alternate Search Names as required (just seperate them with '##') and in doing so, Mylar will search your providers for the series title, as well as each Alternate Search Name that you provide for EACH issue that you have in a Wanted status. Putting in the special characters is ok too, as Mylar will strip them out as required when searching since obviously some of the characters wouldn't be allowed to exist ;)

You could also download the nzb manually for the few that Mylar can't find due to crazy naming schemes if the above don't work, and try manual post-processing said issues. There's a better chance that Mylar might be able to match them up, since the search techniques and the post-processing techniques differ in how they match items up.

I'm not sure if that's what you were inquiring about, but it's an option ;)
CWeed

Post by CWeed »

You can't do the alternate naming if you're just grabbing a Story Arc too, I guess that's where I'm getting most stuck now. If I want to grab an arc without getting the whole series. I do manually download them then do the post processing import, but thought if it could do it all in one step, that'd be cool.

Keep up the great work, love the project!
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

CWeed wrote:You can't do the alternate naming if you're just grabbing a Story Arc too, I guess that's where I'm getting most stuck now. If I want to grab an arc without getting the whole series. I do manually download them then do the post processing import, but thought if it could do it all in one step, that'd be cool.

Keep up the great work, love the project!
Yeah the alternate naming has to be implemented into the Story Arcs, as well as being able to individually try to grab issues that are in Wanted status (instead of having to do a Search for Missing option which searches all), automatically searching for Wanted arc issues, re-ording story-arc numbering, along with some other items.

Definitely on my hit list of things to do, I just need to figure out a clean-ish way that will let one specify alternate naming for specific issues of a given story-arc. But along with the importer, the story-arcs are going to be getting some more needed attention, once the downloading/snatching problems settle down and I can spend time coding lol.

Thanks for helping to support the coffee fund too - very greatly appreciated and was a very awesome gesture :)
CWeed

Post by CWeed »

I just need to figure out a clean-ish way that will let one specify alternate naming for specific issues of a given story-arc.
You 'could' have a similar page that you have now for the subscribed series, but at the bottom it lists the issues you're trying to grab for a story arc, with the other issues available to get one-off. I'd guess it'd be a similar db structure as a subscribed series but you're just not subscribed to it, it would allow you to do the alternate naming, etc.

I may get a python IDE up and running and jump in :)
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

CWeed wrote:
I just need to figure out a clean-ish way that will let one specify alternate naming for specific issues of a given story-arc.
You 'could' have a similar page that you have now for the subscribed series, but at the bottom it lists the issues you're trying to grab for a story arc, with the other issues available to get one-off. I'd guess it'd be a similar db structure as a subscribed series but you're just not subscribed to it, it would allow you to do the alternate naming, etc.

I may get a python IDE up and running and jump in :)
Yeah I don't want to clog up the Upcoming tab anymore than what it currently is (I want to offload the future stuff into another section of the weekly, but that's another unrelated problem lol).

Quite possible to have a 'Wanted' tab in the Story-Arcs, showing the one-offs and watchlisted arc issues that are being searched for. Would allow for some more control over searching as well as allowing for the alternate naming to occur as it wouldn't be as easy to add all of that into the existing codebase for the Upcoming tab without massively throwing things out.

I'll see what I can mock up and test out - since I have your mind in the pipe...what are some of the things that the story-arc section doesn't have that would make things easier/better for you to be able to get the issues for the arcs that you want? Obviously being able to control searching aspects is a big one (being able to see at a glance what you have in Wanted status for all arcs, managing their status' and the alternate naming), but I'm curious about other things that could be implemented while doing the other stuff...
CWeed

Post by CWeed »

I think from a data structure perspective you could handle a story arc similarly to how you handle a series today. In-fact you could use the same screens that you use for series today with "Series/Arc" as the column topic.

As far as cool to have features:
  • Auto-updating Arcs - Refresh from comic vine on (x) interval to see if there are new issues for an arc, like for the ongoing Secret Wars.
  • Being able to subscribe to a comic from a link in an Arc - For the times when I find a comic via an arc that I like, and can subscribe to it.
  • Renaming/Searching control aspects - Don't know if you use CouchPotato but I've found I really like the "pick one yourself" feature where it drops down a bunch of things that are 'like' what you're searching for if the naming happens to be off. Could be applied across the platform to enhance the search matching when your (already awesome) matching isn't quite right.
I'll keep thinking about it and add things to this thread. Thanks for taking a look!