Set Snatched as Have

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
herjar

Re: Set Snatched as Have

Post by herjar »

Looks like it's working now. Thank you!

Saw one thing were a comic (Oddly normal) said 4/3 issues, but I did "refresh comic" that fixed it to 4/4. Not sure if it's related to this fix.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

herjar wrote:Looks like it's working now. Thank you!

Saw one thing were a comic (Oddly normal) said 4/3 issues, but I did "refresh comic" that fixed it to 4/4. Not sure if it's related to this fix.
The 4/3 issues seems to be happening more frequently lately, and I've been unable thus far at least to figure out exactly where it's doing the math wrong - I'm pretty sure I know why though.

<lengthy explanation>
When a series gets a 'new release' (the Wednesday Winners), it attempts to refresh the series in order to try and pull down the respective data from ComicVine. However, the new list usually comes out on Monday, and CV doesn't update until Tuesday in most cases (sometimes later if it's an indie publisher) - so Mylar knows there's a new release, sets it to Wanted in the Pull-list, and keeps monitoring for any changes it in the Upcoming section. At this point, because it's a new release, but without any actual information from CV to ensure it's accuracy Mylar updates the Latest Date information and the issue number so that it shows on the Main page (and adds the '1 issue not updated' in the comic details section under Total issue count) - and at this point I think it's incrementing it wrongly.

Once the release gets populated into ComicVine, it then gets moved from the Upcoming section into the Wanted section (because now it has an ID that it can link to), and then the series gets refreshed properly and the series falls back into 'whack'.

If a series is 'out-of-whack', doing a refresh (or if you have mylar running 24/7 - every 48 hours mylar will run a refresh on all active series) will put the series back in line with the proper numbering. At least until I can figure out what's going on so that it can update it properly without having to do the refresh. The reason why the refresh 'out-of-whack' works is because when it's run, Mylar stores all the status'/file location for each issue in the given series. It then deletes the series entirely from Mylar, and then it pulls down completely fresh data from ComicVine and puts the status' back how they were after and then does a file-check to ensure it's all good.
</end lengthy explanation>
herjar

Post by herjar »

I have been using this setting for a while now and loving it, but there seems to be a bug somewhere.

When a new issue is added automatically and snatched it seems to change all issues that were previously set as archived to skipped.
Not sure if it happens every time, but very often at least as I see a lot of comics with 1/117 etc.
It does not seem to change the ones set to snatched, so it continues to count from there, 2/117, 3/117 etc.
I'm assuming this bug is related to using this setting.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

herjar wrote:I have been using this setting for a while now and loving it, but there seems to be a bug somewhere.

When a new issue is added automatically and snatched it seems to change all issues that were previously set as archived to skipped.
Not sure if it happens every time, but very often at least as I see a lot of comics with 1/117 etc.
It does not seem to change the ones set to snatched, so it continues to count from there, 2/117, 3/117 etc.
I'm assuming this bug is related to using this setting.
Sorry, missed this post until just now.

I'm pretty sure that after a snatch, mylar updates the file count in order to account for the newly snatched issue - I'm just going to assume if an issue was marked as Archived and it wasn't present in the given directory (it shouldn't be), it mistakenly marks it as Skipped.

I'll have a look into this and see what's going on as I'm pretty sure I know where it's happening - it's just a matter of correcting the assumption that Mylar is doing ;)