Volume number in various lists

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
pjones112000

Volume number in various lists

Post by pjones112000 »

I'm a big fan of Mylar but one thing that has always bugged me is that none of the lists, search results, etc, actually display the volume number for the various comic titles. For instance, today I was manually making sure that I have all the issues, tie-ins, etc... for Marvel's King in Black event and I searched for Daredevil. I know that the relevant issues are all from Daredevil Volume 6 but of course the list results don't tell me what is volume 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. I have to either guess (which in this case probably isn't too hard) or go search elsewhere for what constitutes Volume 6. It would just be easier and more useful all around if the volume could be displayed.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Volume number in various lists

Post by evilhero »

I guess it really depends on which screens it is that you're talking about.

If it's the search results page (that you get from searching via the search box at the top,or via the search option in the pullist) - then it's possible albeit with some slight considerations.

Meaning that CV isn't always right about their volume naming, or I should say, some users don't agree with it and follow their own volume definition. So on CV while it might say V4, it's actually V5. Now if you have the series in your watchlist, then we could pull out the modified volume label and display that - however if it's not present in the watchlist, then we have to use the CV data which could be wrong (as an example, look at how CV handles the Aquaman title - it's literally just slap a volume here and there).

So while I can definitely see the use case, it might not be as easy as just displaying the volume indicator itself. Can still be done however I believe, just has to be thought of in a clear context is all (or with warnings applied in the GUI)