Regular expression support to watch for new volumes

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
senorsmartypants

Regular expression support to watch for new volumes

Post by senorsmartypants »

It would be great if I could set up a auto add list for series based on a regular expression. There are some comics that come out as a series of limited series. "Stranger Things" as one example, Maestro from Marvel as another.

Examples:
Stranger Things*
Maestro*

Thanks for this great program.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Regular expression support to watch for new volumes

Post by evilhero »

It's definitely doable, however that entire stretch of code (the auto-want aspect of the pull) needs to be redone, refactored while having a bunch of other things added to it.

One of those things to add is to mark new volumes of an existing series as Wanted and auto-add/watch on CV data being present (ie. v6 of a series ends, v7 starts a few months later, and would be auto-added to the watchlist and marked as Wanted respectively with no interaction from a user required).

So yeah, when the restructurimg of that aspect starts, adding in a regex allowance of some kind would seem appropriate to include.
senorsmartypants

Very cool. Thanks.
senorsmartypants

evilhero wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:03 am So yeah, when the restructurimg of that aspect starts, adding in a regex allowance of some kind would seem appropriate to include.
Any updates on this? Recently I've seen a few comics announced that won't arrive until 2022. I'd love to be able to manually wishlist books to keep track of those.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Yeah I mean I didn't forget, but the pure backlog going on atm is just killing doing anything outside of the backlog itself.

My goad at this point is to get the vast majority of updates out by the beginning of November, which will clear up the time (hopefully) to start looking at things like this in more detail.

However, if I start to fix stuff in the weekly page due to updates (which is coming) - I might very well go down that rabbit hole at that time and do it then.
senorsmartypants

I appreciate all your work on this project. I can believe there's never enough time.

Thanks for the update.