Searching and downloading from Direct Connect Hubs?

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
Zefrem23

Searching and downloading from Direct Connect Hubs?

Post by Zefrem23 »

A truly massively useful feature for my situation would be to be able to add a Direct Connect hub as a source for searching and downloading comics into Mylar. I'm sure I'm not the only person for whom this would be a huge benefit?

I guess the real question is, is it even possible?
perezmu

Re: Searching and downloading from Direct Connect Hubs?

Post by perezmu »

I'd love that myself
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

It's possible - but it's a very intensive aspect to code for in order to fall into the automation ways. There are python clients for dc++, but there's alot to consider when doing it as well. One of the other devs on the project was looking into this like a month or so ago, but I think he just might have stopped as the python clients weren't up to spec for what it was that was needed for automation.

I'd say it's a possibility, and I know it can be done in some limited ways, but there a lot of things that need to fall into place before something like that is done. The first being a client that's usable I'd imagine - of course, this is all coming from me, who hasn't looked at anything dc++ related in regards to Mylar, so barbequesauce might have to chime in on this.
ben

Post by ben »

I still use DC for a lot of downloading but I find it hard to find stable communities for comic books and audio books.

I know it wasn't recommended to post repos of scans because someone was tattling but I find i get lost down rabbit holes when i search for new places.

can you recommend Public lists and search terms?
or are DC hubs not in danger the same way websites are?
Telecart

Post by Telecart »

Would love this too