Refreshing books on Weekly Pull List

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
leaderdog

Refreshing books on Weekly Pull List

Post by leaderdog »

Hi Evilhero,

Question/request.

I suppose I may not understand fully the options on the pull list. What I'd like is an option to refresh the books that haven't been downloaded only. No need to refresh all the books that are already downloaded and sorted. (unnecessary calls to comicvine api?)

Example. Today, I have all the files already downloaded in my manual post-processing folder. however, many of the books aren't refreshed in mylar. But it seems all of them are updated on comicvine. I'd like to refresh just the "missing" books.

Refresh Pull-list
Refreshes all books on pull list?

Recreate Pull-list
Grabs everything again from your main list from your computer that you compile from locg?

Download
Downloads all available files, but puts them in a separate folder together.

Manually check for issues
Checks if they are currently available, but doesn't update the existing books on the list?

Once Mylar for python v3 is ready, you really need to add hover descriptions :) I for some reason do not retain information that I use regularly.

Thanks
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Refreshing books on Weekly Pull List

Post by evilhero »

What you're looking for is what the ReCreate Pull-list option will do (for the week you're currently viewing). It will hit the backend site, pull down all the information from there, and if any watched issues are present and they have new information, Mylar will initiate an automatic refresh of the series in order to pull in the new data locally (the backend site just tracks comicid/issueid - so when it sees an issueid is present on the pull-list, but not on your local series, it knows it's not up to date and tries to fix that). This saves hitting CV unnecessarily, not to mention saves alot of local processing time.

So you have the option to do it manually (ReCreate Pull-list) or wait 4 hours for Mylar to perform one on it's own as Mylar will poll the backend site for new pull-list information every 4 hours (and the backend site polls CV, other sources every hr or so).

As for the other options, here's a quick breakdown:

Refresh Pull-list
Refreshes the displayed pullist with a fresh copy from the db in case things get mucked up.This should also fix some status' that might be incorrectly displayed, however it's basically the same thing as doing a refresh in your browser (reloads the page).

Recreate Pull-list
Pulls down new pull-list information, updates the pull-list, and will also update existing series if they're not up to date and the pull-list says that new information is available on CV.

Download
Will locate all comics from the current week that are in a Downloaded status, and copy them into a 'weekly' pull folder.

Manually check for issues
Will search/download all issues in the pull-list that are in a Wanted state only & then do the normal workflow.

Download 0-day Pack
If you have torrents enabled, and 32P enabled using Auth Mode, this option is available as well. It will search 32P for the current week's 0-day pack and download it (and then perform post-processing as required). There's a config.ini option (pack_0day_watchlist_only) which if set to True will only post-process issues that are on your watchilst. If set to False however, it will post-process issues that are on your watchlist as well as post-process every other issue as if it was a one-off download.

There's ALOT of neat stuff planned for v3 that we're purposely not putting into 2 because it's just too much time & wasted effort if we're just moving to 3.
leaderdog

Re: Refreshing books on Weekly Pull List

Post by leaderdog »

Awesome thanks.

I gave the recreate pull-list a try and it did do what I was hoping for.

However, maybe this is edge case too, but when I did the recreate it updated star mission to wanted for issue 20. However, I had downloaded all of the files and stuck them in the folder. So 20 was already there.

Can, in python3, when it recreates it, also check the folder? I've had it many times where I put the files in there just to clear out my folder (waiting for comicvine to update), later to have mylar download the file again even though it's in there.