Can we expect a .qpkg package?

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
NiteAngyl

Can we expect a .qpkg package?

Post by NiteAngyl »

Hello evilhero,

Can we expect a .qpkg package for Qnap in the future? I've just installed Mylar via a git clone but I'm not sure how to make a symbolic link on Qnap's desktop, or even how to autostart Mylar on a reboot. Clintonhall's .qpkg managed everything on install, but I have the feeling his build's not compatible with the latest github commits anymore.

With best regards,
Ronald.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Can we expect a .qpkg package?

Post by evilhero »

I honestly wouldn't know the first thing about creating a .qpkg for mylar. I don't run a qnap, so creating me creating one would be pretty equivalent to putting a 6yr old behind the wheel of car and saying 'get to the end of the street without hitting anything' ;)

I'm pretty sure Clinton's qpkg allows for updates within the app, and he's always wen pretty responsive with requests. Maybe this question may be better posed at him in regards to if you can update within the app?
NiteAngyl

Post by NiteAngyl »

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. The main reason why I'd like to see an updated .qpkg for your Mylar's because the .qpkg that's still publicly available is wildly different from your github structure.

I've been experienced a lot of different issues with the .qpkg version of Mylar (if you're interested I can name a few ;)), whereas a direct clone from your repository works just fine.

In the meantime I'll try to find a way to contact clinton.hall. I've come to the point where I'm trying to figure out how to autorun Mylar with a Qnap boot, or even how to create a symlink at the desktop if possible. :)

Take care and with best regards,
Ronald.
NiteAngyl

Post by NiteAngyl »

I wanted to do a follow up on this article.

I've manually installed Mylar via a git clone and running it via tmux. It may seem to be a bit of a workaround, but at least Mylar finally works for me.

If it's helpful for anyone, here's what I did:
First I've made a new dir and did a git clone there and afterwards switched over to the dev branch:

Code: Select all

git clone https://github.com/evilhero/mylar
git checkout development
git pull
Don't forget to change the branch in your config.ini file also.

To keep Mylar.py running in the background, after you've closed your SSH connection, I did the following since I don't have the nohup command:

Code: Select all

opkg install tmux
tmux
python Mylar.py &
The link to the article that helped me is this: https://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?t=118902

With best regards,
Ronald.