Read comics directly from mylar

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
castertr0y357

Read comics directly from mylar

Post by castertr0y357 »

I know that this is probably not an easy enhancement to do, but being able to read comics over a webpage through mylar would be way easier than going through multiple other programs.

I currently use comic rack, and that has decent remote library support, but I find it can be extremely limited in certain scenarios:

1. You're on a network that restricts network ports (many networks do this for security purposes), and you can't connect to your library remotely.

2. You're on a network that has very limited bandwidth, and connections take a long time to download the entire library information.

3. You can't sync comics to your phone/tablet due to limited space on the device.

Enabling comics to be read through mylar would allow for remote reading pretty simply through port forwarding.

I looked through the enhancements forum, but I didn't see anything quite like this. Is this something that is feasible within mylar?
Madrox

Re: Read comics directly from mylar

Post by Madrox »

i'm using ubooquity for the purpose, its a web server that displays the file structure of my comics folder and has a reader built-in as well as opds stream capabilities.
jedimole

Re: Read comics directly from mylar

Post by jedimole »

Madrox wrote:i'm using ubooquity for the purpose, its a web server that displays the file structure of my comics folder and has a reader built-in as well as opds stream capabilities.
I am too, and its fantastic. In fact I run Uboo on my ipad, and then I bring them local into comic zeal which I feel displays them a bit better. Yes it takes up space but after reading, delete them.