Comicvine: Max retries exceeded with url

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
senorsmartypants

Comicvine: Max retries exceeded with url

Post by senorsmartypants »

Error fetching data from ComicVine: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='comicvine.gamespot.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/volume/4050-111425/?api_key=<APIKEY>&format=xml&field_list=name,count_of_issues,issues,start_year,site_detail_url,image,publisher,description,first_issue,deck,aliases (Caused by NewConnectionError(': Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again'))

I'm getting this error when mylar3 is trying to update a series. Using hotio docker image, latest as of today.

Am I getting throttled? Or is this a bug of some sort?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Comicvine: Max retries exceeded with url

Post by evilhero »

Well that could be what it kinda looks like I guess...

You'd only be rate-limited if you are querying CV too quickly - I believe it's 1s between queries is the absolute minimum, but I can't recall the exact amount atm. However, anything less than 1s would definitely get you throttled.

So it could be that you're using Mylar with a CV key that is being used in another program and that's causing you to get detected by them as doing too much too soon.

Either that or you went over the 200 API requests per hour that they allow (this is per apikey, not per application).
You can check the last one, by just going to the website and signing it to see what your API hits are.
burnshroom

Post by burnshroom »

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/api/

If you go to the above URL it will give a bit more info as to your usage...

I have reached near 1000 in an hour without being banned, but it will let you know if you are using too many api hits.
senorsmartypants

I have no rate limits (or usage reported).

senorsmartypants

This was not a mylar or ComicVine problem. Something changed with my DNS setup for my docker containers. None of the containers could resolve dns names. Fixed now and everything is good.
barto28

Post by barto28 »

senorsmartypants wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:51 pm This was not a mylar or ComicVine problem. Something changed with my DNS setup for my docker containers. None of the containers could resolve dns names. Fixed now and everything is good.
Just register to the forum to say thanks man ! Changed my network mode on my mylar container months ago and did not checked if it was still able to reach comicvine...

Never thought of this without your post :)