32P login issues via Mylar

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
CraftyClown

32P login issues via Mylar

Post by CraftyClown » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:36 pm

Hello mate,

I'm getting error messages in the log about 32P failed logins and a screengrab that says my IP has been banned if I do any searches, however my login at 32P seems to be working fine. In addition if I go to the search providers tab and test the connection I am getting a green tick.

Code: Select all

2018-06-10 14:34:20	ERROR	Uncaught exception: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Mylar\mylar\logger.py", line 336, in new_run
old_run(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line 754, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "C:\Mylar\mylar\webserve.py", line 1439, in queueissue
foundcom, prov = search.search_init(ComicName, ComicIssue, ComicYear, SeriesYear, Publisher, issues['IssueDate'], storedate, IssueID, AlternateSearch, UseAFuzzy, ComicVersion, mode=mode, ComicID=ComicID, manualsearch=manualsearch, filesafe=ComicName_Filesafe, allow_packs=AllowPacks, torrentid_32p=TorrentID_32p)
File "C:\Mylar\mylar\search.py", line 334, in search_init
findit = NZB_SEARCH(ComicName, IssueNumber, ComicYear, SeriesYear, Publisher, IssueDate, StoreDate, searchprov, send_prov_count, IssDateFix, IssueID, UseFuzzy, newznab_host, ComicVersion=ComicVersion, SARC=SARC, IssueArcID=IssueArcID, RSS="no", ComicID=ComicID, issuetitle=issuetitle, unaltered_ComicName=unaltered_ComicName, allow_packs=allow_packs, oneoff=oneoff, cmloopit=cmloopit, manual=manual, torznab_host=torznab_host, torrentid_32p=torrentid_32p)
File "C:\Mylar\mylar\search.py", line 607, in NZB_SEARCH
a = auth32p.info32p(searchterm=searchterm)
TypeError: __init__() should return None, not 'str'
2018-06-10 14:34:20	ERROR	[32P-AUTHENTICATION] [LOGIN FAILED] Disabling 32P provider until login error(s) can be fixed in order to avoid temporary bans.
2018-06-10 14:34:20	WARNING	[32P-AUTHENTICATION] Both session key and credential-based logins failed.
2018-06-10 14:34:20	ERROR	[32P-AUTHENTICATION] The data returned by the login page was not JSON: 
Any idea what the problem might be?

CraftyClown

Re: 32P login issues via Mylar

Post by CraftyClown » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:42 pm

So upon further testing the issue only appears to be with authentication mode. If I switch to legacy mode I'm not getting any problems. Is there a downside to using legacy over authentication mode?

evilhero
Site Admin

Re: 32P login issues via Mylar

Post by evilhero » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:13 pm

Downside is that you can't do backlog search and have to rely solely on what's on the RSS feeds (and the cache it generates over time).

Did you change your password recently on 32p? Make sure it's correct (check in the config.ini - if it's within double quotation marks there's a leading /trailing space that shouldn't be there).

I would try to delete the cache/32p_cookies.dat file as that holds your credentials (make sure mylar isn't running first).

Then start it up and try the search again.

It's disabling it within mylar so you don't hit your logon limit with 32p and get a temporary ban for your troubles.