Manual MetaTagging creates BAD file

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
oldirtdog

Manual MetaTagging creates BAD file

Post by oldirtdog »

I like the meta tag option for being able to view info on the comics inline. It's really cool to see the cover, authors, etc without having to go to CV. However, I have some questions and issues. For some of my comics, it works just fine. Takes a while, but comes back with all the info in there. However, for others, it obviously fails and renames the file to the .BAD extension. I have to go in and rename the file or it shows as archived or whatever in Mylar. Any idea why it does this? There doesn't seem to be any common denominator as to the file name or comic types.

on a secondary note, is there a way to automate this metatagging process?

I'm using Mylar 9c65a0d37a0723291280f8425a92253637f3acfb (master) on a Mac (Sierra)
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Manual MetaTagging creates BAD file

Post by evilhero »

oldirtdog wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:02 pm I like the meta tag option for being able to view info on the comics inline. It's really cool to see the cover, authors, etc without having to go to CV. However, I have some questions and issues. For some of my comics, it works just fine. Takes a while, but comes back with all the info in there. However, for others, it obviously fails and renames the file to the .BAD extension. I have to go in and rename the file or it shows as archived or whatever in Mylar. Any idea why it does this? There doesn't seem to be any common denominator as to the file name or comic types.

on a secondary note, is there a way to automate this metatagging process?

I'm using Mylar 9c65a0d37a0723291280f8425a92253637f3acfb (master) on a Mac (Sierra)
If it's renaming the file to .BAD, then it's having a problem unrar'ing/metatagging the file. This could be for any number of reasons, but usually if it errors out during that process there will be something in the logs to indicate as such. You should put Mylar into verbose/debug mode and try to do a metatag again and then paste the log in here so I can see what's happening.

Given that it's on a Mac, there have been several users who have experienced varying problems - it could be that your unrar version hasn't been specified in the lib/comictaggerlib/ctsettings/ctsettings file, or that your unrar version isn't up-to-date enough to unrar some of those newer files. It could be some improper data being returned from CV on particular issues, or just Mylar failing for some other reason which causes it to lock up.

So basically, get the debug logs, and we can figure it out ;)
oldirtdog

Post by oldirtdog »

These are my current logs...

2018-03-19 15:41:18 DEBUG [MANUAL META-TAGGING] Unable to write metadata successfully - check mylar.log file.
2018-03-19 15:41:16 WARNING [META-TAGGER][COMIC-TAGGER][CBR-TO-CBZ] Failed to convert cbr to cbz - check permissions on folder : /Applications/Mylar/cache/ and/or the location where Mylar is trying to tag the files from.
2018-03-19 15:41:15 DEBUG [META-TAGGER] Absolute path to script: /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python
2018-03-19 15:41:15 DEBUG [META-TAGGER] Executing command: ['/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python', '/Applications/Mylar/comictagger.py', '-e', '--delete-rar', u'/Applications/Mylar/cache/mylar_DR0gIf/Batman The Killing Joke 1 (1988).cbr']
2018-03-19 15:41:15 DEBUG [META-TAGGER] Enabling ComicTagger script: ['/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python', '/Applications/Mylar/comictagger.py'] with options: ['-e', '--delete-rar', u'/Applications/Mylar/cache/mylar_DR0gIf/Batman The Killing Joke 1 (1988).cbr']
2018-03-19 15:41:15 DEBUG [META-TAGGER] CBL Tagging enabled.
2018-03-19 15:41:15 DEBUG [META-TAGGER] CR Tagging enabled.
2018-03-19 15:41:15 DEBUG [META-TAGGER] ComicTagger 1.20.1 [ninjas.walk.alone / SHURIKEN] being used - using personal ComicVine API key supplied via mylar.
2018-03-19 15:41:15 DEBUG [META-TAGGER] Running the ComicTagger Add-on for Mylar
2018-03-19 15:41:15 DEBUG [META-TAGGER] comicpath : /Applications/Mylar/cache/mylar_DR0gIf
2018-03-19 15:41:15 DEBUG [META-TAGGER] sabnzbdscriptpath : /Applications/Mylar
2018-03-19 15:41:15 DEBUG [META-TAGGER] downloadpath : /Volumes/Storage/Documents/Comics/Mylar/Batman The Killing Joke (1988)
2018-03-19 15:41:15 DEBUG [META-TAGGER] scriptname : Mylar.py
2018-03-19 15:41:15 DEBUG [META-TAGGER] Paths / Locations:
2018-03-19 15:41:14 INFO Attempting to move: move
2018-03-19 15:41:14 INFO New_Filepath: /Applications/Mylar/cache/mylar_DR0gIf/Batman The Killing Joke 1 (1988).cbr
2018-03-19 15:41:14 INFO New_Folder: /Applications/Mylar/cache/mylar_DR0gIf
2018-03-19 15:41:14 INFO Filename: Batman The Killing Joke 1 (1988).cbr
2018-03-19 15:41:14 INFO Filepath: /Volumes/Storage/Documents/Comics/Mylar/Batman The Killing Joke (1988)/Batman The Killing Joke 1 (1988).cbr
2018-03-19 15:41:14 DEBUG [META-TAGGER] Filename is : /Volumes/Storage/Documents/Comics/Mylar/Batman The Killing Joke (1988)/Batman The Killing Joke 1 (1988).cbr
2018-03-19 15:41:14 DEBUG ComicTagger Path location for internal comictagger.py set to : /Applications/Mylar/comictagger.py
2018-03-19 15:41:14 DEBUG [META-TAGGER] dirName:/Volumes/Storage/Documents/Comics/Mylar/Batman The Killing Joke (1988)
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

It's saying it can't convert the cbz - which (on MAC OS anyways) usually means that the version of unrar isn't up-to-date enough, and/or the unrar binary is not being specified in the /lib/comictaggerlib/ct_settings/settings.ini file.

it could also be that the file being unrar'd is actually bad resulting in the problem, although the odds of that happening on a semi-regular basis is pretty high, unless you hdd is failing of course.
oldirtdog

Post by oldirtdog »

From that settings.ini file, how do I put in the path on a Mac? I have rar and unrar in /Applications/rar... do I need to put it in just like that or do I have to type it in as /Applications/rar/rar.exe? Mac doesn't really use .exe files, so I wasn't sure how this path needed to be written...
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

You put it in just as it you would actually run it - with the full path and the binary (not everything has an .exe and is Windows-based). So just put in /Applications/rar/unrar if that's where it is (note that you need to restart Mylar for the changes to take effect, or it has to be shutdown when editing the ini file)
oldirtdog

Post by oldirtdog »

Nevermind, I think I got it... had to type it in the whole way... /Applications/rar/rar.exe (unrar.exe) and it worked fine... as always, thanks a ton!
oldirtdog

Post by oldirtdog »

as an aside, where does it store these tags? Is it in the CBZ itself? I use YACReader and YACReaderLibrary to view and create reading lists (no offense, but your reading list doesn't really work for me) and it supports ComicTagger... I can scrape tags using its internal app, but I'd rather do it here as the YAC process is fairly manual. It isn't showing me tags I set in Mylar, but it might need a refresh...
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

oldirtdog wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:40 pm as an aside, where does it store these tags? Is it in the CBZ itself? I use YACReader and YACReaderLibrary to view and create reading lists (no offense, but your reading list doesn't really work for me) and it supports ComicTagger... I can scrape tags using its internal app, but I'd rather do it here as the YAC process is fairly manual. It isn't showing me tags I set in Mylar, but it might need a refresh...
No offense taken, Mylar was never meant to be a reading list management tool in any way, shape or form - it was simply added as an additional option in the ever-growing arsenal of tools to complement one's library if required.

Mylar uses ComicTagger on the back-end side, so it will store the metadata within the cbz file itself (if you have CBL tagging enabled, it will save it in the cbz comments, if you have CBR tagging enabled it will save it as an .xml file within the cbz file).

I'm not sure what you mean when you say it's not showing you tags you set in Mylar - if you go the series detail page for a given series, there should be a graphical 'i' in the options field for those items that have metadata. Simply click on the 'i' icon and it will display the metatagging present within in a nice popup along with the cover. If it's not showing them, then perhaps it's not tagging the items - you can always just open up the .cbz file directly and see if you can see either the .xml file or the zip comments (.cbz files are just zip files anyways).
oldirtdog

Post by oldirtdog »

oh no, the I thing is showing me the info just fine... Mylar is doing it's job swimmingly... I have both CBR and CBL enabled... what I meant was that YAC didn't seem to read the tags that Mylar was creating... I have a feeling it's a YAC problem, though.. .I just wanted to know how they are being written for their forums... I think we're good on the mylar side...