Issues finding series with colons in the title

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
escrima

Issues finding series with colons in the title

Post by escrima » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:31 am

Is there a problem with torrent search finding series with a colon in the title? When I search for Star Wars: Mace Windu for example on 32p, it never finds it. (or any other Star Wars series with : in it)

evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Issues finding series with colons in the title

Post by evilhero » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:44 pm

It's more a problem with the number of results that are returned. Currently, if it's searching for a series with a colon in it, it only uses the search term up to the colon (ie just Star Wars) due to how many differing naming conventions 32p & CV use. It will usually only take the first match result which causes theses problems with matching. One way around this atm, is to make use of the alternate search name field and put the full series title, but without a colon.

In the next dev commit (I know I say that alot, but I've been sitting on a big commit for a few weeks now just trying to work out all the kinks), there is a 'deep_search' option for 32p. In this case, when it encounters a colon-type series (as an example) it will cycle thru all the search results until it finds a correct match based on full series title, issue number and posting date - as opposed to just taking the first match. It then stores the given series ID on 32p so future searches for the same series will be much quicker as it will match against that particular series ID only (it rechecks every day or so to ensure that merges/moves on 32p have been accounted for and the ID is still the correct one).