ComicVine Chrome Extension 0.8 Now Available (Updated 01/01/2018)

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
Destron

ComicVine Chrome Extension 0.8 Now Available (Updated 01/01/2018)

Post by Destron »

What's new in 0.8:

Add individual issues to custom Mylar Story Arcs. This allows you to use the Story Arc section as individual reading lists. If you push the button on a series, it adds the series to Mylar. If you push the button on an issue page, it prompts you to add to or create a new Story Arc.

I'll work on prettying it up in 0.9.

---Original Message Below---

I'm working on a chrome extension to let you import the currently open Volume page on ComicVine into Mylar. Mostly I'm doing it to make my life easier, but if it would be helpful for anyone, are there any rules against posting it here?

All it does is parse the current URL, verify it's a ComicVine volume page, and then send an API call to Mylar to add the series to the library.

Edit:

Here's a link to the extension. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... anllliffhh

Also note, you do NOT have to wait for Mylar to respond, if you're running on the same machine, you can pretty much click it and move on. If you want to wait for confirmation, of course, you can.
Last edited by Destron on Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: ComicVine Chrome Extension

Post by evilhero »

Nope, no rules - I just have a problem with people spamming (in general, not in here usually). Anything that's relevant to Mylar, or helps with the general usage is by all means allowed and very much appreciated.

There was a userscript posted on here that used TamperMonkey to do almost the same thing - aside from the learning aspect, you might want to check that out to see if what you're doing is any different ?
Destron

Post by Destron »

I used to use GreaseMonkey, not sure I've ever tried TamperMonkey. With the exception of prettying it up and testing it a few dozen more times, it's done. My first chrome extension. I'm pretty excited :)
Destron

Post by Destron »

Out of curiosity, when one makes an API call to addComic, is the response always plain text?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

It probably does respond in plain text - more of an oversight than anything else since I haven't really done much with the api, like ever ;)

I can add in the api call for addbyid, which does the same thing as the addComic call but it only requires the comicvine and is run in the background by default.
Destron

Post by Destron »

The plain text response is fine, but if you add that, please lt me know, and I'll update it. I'll finish up the extension and post it soon. :)

Thanks again, Mylar really is a fantastic resource.
Destron

Post by Destron »

Posted a first version of the extension. Anyone who wants to try it, please let me know what you think.
tatsumasagc

Post by tatsumasagc »

Destron wrote: Here's a link to the extension. http://www.filedropper.com/vine2mylar06
the link appears to be dead
Destron

Post by Destron »

My guess is that that hosting site is only good for a year. I'll repost it and share a link asap.
Destron

Post by Destron »

Ok, it should be back now. Same link