I Assume This A ComicVine Related Issue??

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
cilise82

I Assume This A ComicVine Related Issue??

Post by cilise82 »

Over the past few weeks I've had issues with mainly Marvel books (occasionally a smaller publisher as well but not often) not updating in the weekly pull-list (I'm running the latest development build btw). I can manually recreate pull-list and nothing. If there is a new book, I click to search for it and the results page is blank. This is what makes me think its a CV thing, since other publishers are fine.

Eventually sometime on Thursday either by myself manually running or the autojob will update the books and the books will begin to be grabbed.

I assume this is something on the ComicVine side of it, but is anyone else having this issue?
kevintothecore

Re: I Assume This A ComicVine Related Issue??

Post by kevintothecore »

yeah, I'm getting this as well. I too believe it's a CV problem. I've just now manually added the newer books from my own pull list onto CV itself. so let's see if CV approves my uploads, and Mylar grabs that info.
cilise82

Post by cilise82 »

I'm glad to know its not just something on my side! Hopefully CV will get their head out of their butt soon. :D
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

Yeah, I've been having this issue too.

I'm assuming it's because it's summer, but who knows. not sure why they don't just use the Marvel API to populate the marvel books, and let the users fill in any other handy information they feel is needed.

Maybe it doesn't work that way?
barbequesauce

Post by barbequesauce »

More of a security consideration really. Who knows what kind of logging is happening there...
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Yeah, the CV stuff has been getting slower and slower to update, and because Mylar relies on the CV info to be present before it can download it usually holds everything up.

I've had something on the go since prior to summer (since I took 2x months off basically) - that would download issues on the pull-list regardless if it had any issue data on CV. It then holds it in a 'to-be-processed' queue where it just continually waits to find out when the issue data is present on CV and then it metatags items in the background. WIth this method, you'll be able to get your comics on day 0 at least - granted with no metadata, but then it will get updated automatically in the background once it's available. I have everything working last I checked, just the queue checking portion gets hung up sometimes, so it's still a WIP - but it's coming!