comic name changed to [One-Shot] and now it doesn't find or add files to it.

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
richiecoy

comic name changed to [One-Shot] and now it doesn't find or add files to it.

Post by richiecoy »

I'm not sure how it happened but I had Deathstroke in my library. It somehow got renamed to Deathstroke [One-Shot] and was showing the wrong file count. I deleted the comic in Mylar and then re-added it, but it added as Deathstroke [One-Shot] again. Now it won't add the files to the comic when i click recheck files.

I am seeing this in the log:

ERROR Uncaught exception: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/Mylar/mylar/logger.py", line 337, in new_run
old_run(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 754, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "/opt/Mylar/mylar/updater.py", line 994, in forceRescan
just_the_digits = re.sub('[^0-9]', '', cla['SeriesVolume']).strip()
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/re.py", line 155, in sub
return _compile(pattern, flags).sub(repl, string, count)
TypeError: expected string or buffer
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: comic name changed to [One-Shot] and now it doesn't find or add files to it.

Post by evilhero »

What is the full name of the file that you're trying to recheck?

What does it say the Edition is for the series (odds are it says One-Shot, but just need to clarify).

The [One-Shot] on the main watchlist page is just for informational purposes. It shouldn't be renaming your folders, just the display is modified.
richiecoy

Re: comic name changed to [One-Shot] and now it doesn't find or add files to it.

Post by richiecoy »

i'm going into the comics list for Deatrhstroke and clicking recheck files. The cbz files are in the /mnt/MediaData/Media/Comics/Deathstroke (2016) folder, but they are never added as downloaded...the status says skipped.

Publication Date: October 2016 - Present
Publisher: DC Comics
Edition: One-Shot
Last Updated: 2019-01-03 09:20:41
Issues in Series: 39 issues
Directory
/mnt/MediaData/Media/Comics/Deathstroke (2016)

thanks for taking time to help - I love this program by the way!
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Yeah that's exactly what I thought was happening. When Mylar checks CV to see if a series is a Print edition or a TPB/GN type it has to parse the description for the information as CV doesn't have any descriptive fields for that. So in this case, it actually thinks that particular title is a 'One-Shot' edition due to the fact that in the description it has the preceding one-shot: Deathstroke: Rebirth (2016)> in the description. So because it's a one-shot series (in Mylar's eyes at least), it uses the TPB/GN file parser instead of the normal issue parser and you get that error.

Now we could use the new Forcibly Mark series as Print option to force Mylar to use the correct file parser, and it would work - but making the backend change to correctly parse it in the first place is the better step...
which is now done in the latest development build (#51d81b1).

So yeah, update to the latest development commit and then do a Refresh Series to fix the incorrect One-Shot reference and you'll be good to go.
richiecoy

Post by richiecoy »

you sir are awesome! It worked like a champ! Thank you!
musictrivianut

Post by musictrivianut »

Did this get "unfixed" in a later build? Because I am having this exact issue, but I do not see anything marked Forcibly Mark series as Print only Forcibly Mark series as TPB/GN and it isn't, it's an ongoing series (I did try checking that box, but it didn't help). I see where the same thing is happening, Mylar is picking up "One-Shot" because it is in the series description on CV because of a preceding volume.

I did just update Mylar today using the built-in function, git build 90022b601364cace36e3eca5e84057eaf18f5267, so hopefully that is the latest and I'm not missing something.

Thanks much.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Sometimes the descriptions that CV uses, well suck. Odds are the parser needs to get adjusted with how things are worded for that particular series.

The Force options only appear to force an item to the opposite type (ie. Print to TPB, TPB to Print). One-Shots are considered Print, but there's an allowance in case items are found that don't have an issue number.

So if a normal Refresh Series doesn't work, then you need to indicate which series you're having the problem with (and the comicid) and it can be looked into more.
musictrivianut

Post by musictrivianut »

Yeah, I actually thought about editing the CV description and taking out the reference, but I wasn't sure how well that would go over. :roll:

It's Silver Surfer volume 3, CV ID 3857

"After the special one-shot Silver Surfer that was listed as volume 2, this second ongoing Silver Surfer series began in 1987..... "

Meh, I can just delete the series from Mylar. Doing that is really not a huge deal for me. But, I thought I would point it out just in case it was a returning problem.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Well honestly, most of the fixes/patches that are done are in order to have series added - if it at affects more than one series then great, but usually that's not the initial intent. If we adopted the 'not a big deal for this user' mentality, nothing would ever get fixed...

So, this series is now working correctly in the latest development commit (#0733aa0), and I added in a block of keywords to check so that going forward, cases like these would be easily fixed by just adding to the block.
musictrivianut

Post by musictrivianut »

I wish I could do what you do. I occasionally dabble in bash and have written some very small scripts, but I have never felt comfortable trying to write anything on the scale that Mylar is. I tip my hat to you, sir. Thank you.