Select download from manual search

Enhancement requests or feature requests for future Mylar releases.
faeton73

Select download from manual search

Post by faeton73 »

(Sorry if duplicate. I have tried to look for this, but the search engine says these terms are too common :-) )

There is a feature in Sonarr that lets you pick and download a release from a list of all the entries that are returned from the search. I think this would be a good complement when the automatic search doesn't 'work'.

The 'manual search' feature presents a list of the candidates, allowing the user to download the one he/she chooses. There is also information about why Sonarr hasn't considered the release as good (the exclamation icon), but that wouldn't be necessary.

Thanks
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Select download from manual search

Post by evilhero »

This was actually in Mylar probably 6-10 months ago, but had to be removed due to some problems with screen refreshes. Basically it worked, but it would never update the given screen of what it was doing after any other command (ie. Rechecking Files wouldn't show new/updated info, Changing the status wouldn't change the status, etc).

So yeah, the code is still in there (albeit it probably has to be retweaked abit due to the changes over the last few months), but it will require a great deal of testing/work in order to get it done. Probably not on the short-term roadmap, but mid-term-ish? It will get added back in eventually, but unless the bugs are addressed and corrected from the previous version, it won't be added in the next little while.
TheBigZig

Re: Select download from manual search

Post by TheBigZig »

+1 from me for this.