How do I set remove_html_tables for ComicTagger?

Information and Tutorials on features in Mylar and how to use it
senorsmartypants

How do I set remove_html_tables for ComicTagger?

Post by senorsmartypants »

Looking in the source code for CT I found the setting I need to get rid of the "List of Covers" from the comic summary

Code: Select all

remove_html_tables = true 
But where do I set that? mylar/config? mylar/lib/comictaggerlib/ct_settings/settings.ini?

Also, I tried googling for the ninjas.walk.alone fork of ComicTagger but it only pointed to mylar source. Is there a separate source (github?) for this or is it just the name of the internal CT to mylar?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: How do I set remove_html_tables for ComicTagger?

Post by evilhero »

Well, the ninjas fork is the internal version of CT specific to Mylar. It has some custom modifications that allow it to be used with the program, as well as using a different method of unraring files as opposed to the main branch of current CT.

The reason why the difference? When it was forked, years ago - CT was dead and development had stopped. Thus the ninjas fork whereby I was able to get things working and up-to-speed for general usage. Then CT resumed development and decided to use a different method of unraring files, which if implemented within Mylar would impact the usage / problems heavily. So the option to not use the different method was used in order to try and minimize the amount of problems for Mylar users.

But yes, you can set the remove_html_tables = True in the settings.ini file and it should accept it as a valid setting. However it has to be formatted into the comicvine subsection like so:

[comicvine]
remove_html_tables = True
senorsmartypants

I updated my config.ini to look like this. remove_html_tables setting displays as true in the config_dump on the website. But I'm still getting the list of tables in the description.

[CV]
cv_verify = True
cv_only = True
cvinfo = False
blacklisted_publishers = None
comicvine_api = <APIKEY>
cv_onetimer = True
cvapi_rate = 2
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

You need to add that snippet I pasted into your settings.ini file located in the ct_settings folder within the comictaggerlib subdirectory, not the main config.ini.

It also has to be exactly as I structured it as well, meaning it has to have a [comicvine] section or else it won't be be able to use the remove_html_tables variable.
senorsmartypants

My changes to settings.ini are getting wiped everytime I run a manual metatag.

[settings]
check_for_new_version = False
rar_exe_path = ""
unrar_exe_path = /usr/bin/unrar
send_usage_stats = False

[comicvine]
I'm running a docker version of mylar and I've mapped in my custom settings.ini but I don't think that is the issue.

After a metatag the settings.ini files looks like this

[settings]
check_for_new_version = False
rar_exe_path = ""
unrar_exe_path = /usr/bin/unrar
send_usage_stats = False
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Yep, can confirm - looks like CT is checking your settings file to see if something exists, and if it does to force a resave for some reason (I guess to save some steps loading it up the next time? I can't really see the point in doing that atm)

I'll try and remove the resave options and try to force some metatagging on my end to see what happens...

NinjaEdit. Yep, removing the resave options fixes the settings.ini from over-writing. Gonna test against the html layout stuff to see if it actually is removing it or not now...

Ok, so in testing this all out - it turns out that the remove_html_tables entry in the settings.ini needs to be set to 0/1 instead of False/True. Doing that, in conjunction with the resave option being removed as per above, forces the remove_html_tables setting to be honoured.

Will commit up this to dev shortly...

and fix is now in development commit #021dc47. Make sure that you have the remove_html_tables under the comicvine header in the settings.ini file, but set it to a value of 1 instead of True.
senorsmartypants

Thanks so much for figuring this out.
senorsmartypants

This worked on the updated main branch.

Thanks again.