Windows Network Path format

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
denogginizer

Windows Network Path format

Post by denogginizer »

Hello,
I searched the forum and other places online for this seemingly easy to fix problem, but I am not having success yet.

Mylar is on one Windows 10 computer.
Comics are stored on a shared drive on another Windows 10 computer.
Both are on the same network.

The computer running Mylar also runs SABnzbd, Radarr, Sonarr, etc which save their files to Windows computer #2.
The format I use to access the storage on the network for the above mentioned programs is like this:
\\MYSERVERNAME\sharedfolder

But, when I try that in Mylar, I get this in the logs:
WARNING Cannot find directory: \\MYSERVERNAME\sharedfolder. Not scanning

I have also tried:
\MYSERVERNAME\sharedfolder
MYSERVERNAME\sharedfolder
\\MYSERVERNAME\sharedfolder\
//MYSERVERNAME/sharedfolder

Any help you can give is appreciated!
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Windows Network Path format

Post by evilhero »

Have you tried using the ip itself instead of the computer name in the server path ?

I guess I should ask too, where exactly are you putting this path entry in Mylar:
-Comic Location path?
-Manual post-processing ?
-Import a directory ?

It sounds like you're putting it in the import a directory option, but if that's the case since your comics all reside on the 2nd machine, what is your Comic Location path set to?
denogginizer

Post by denogginizer »

Thank you for the response.
I did try to replace the server name with the IP so it looks like this:
\\192.168.1.225\Publications\Comics

This information is going in the "Scan Comic Library" Tab and "Path to directory"

I have also tried variations on that, but still getting:
2018-08-12 12:40:56 WARNING Cannot find directory: \\192.168.1.225\Publications\Comics\. Not scanning

I am also seeing this in the logs:
2018-08-12 12:39:50 ERROR Git returned bad info. Are you sure this is a git installation? [fatal: ambiguous argument '%cr': unknown revision or path not in the working tree.
Use '--' to separate paths from revisions, like this:
'git [...] -- [...]'
]

Not sure if it's related or not.

I guess I could put Mylar on the computer with the comics, but all other downloaders (Radarr, Sonarr, etc) are on the same machine as Mylar.

Thank you again for your assistance.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

The Git error seems to be related to Windows Git installations. I just tried in on my Windows machine and it threw the same error - however it didn't break anything aside from not being able to show the branch history in the configuration page (really, it's just for informational purposes). I'll try and fix this or at least disable the error in the coming development branch hopefully.

I also just tried a fake import from my Windows machine (running Mylar temporarily) to an Ubuntu machine and attempted to do a Import A Directory scan using \\192.168.0.2\Comics\temp as the path and it worked fine. So what this would imply - is that it's a possible share/permissions problem of some kind (such as the user running Mylar doesn't have access to either the network share and/or the subfolder you're trying to access). I don't think windows firewall would block Mylar accessing a share (I guess it could be depending on your security settings, but it worked fine on this end). Now granted I have to logon to the share prior to having access to things (ie. I logged into the share prior to starting Mylar), but the path format does work otherwise.

Are you using samba or some other sharing option in order to share the folders? Can you directly access the share from the machine without any problems outside of Mylar (ie. can you directory browse to the given location if you were to enter the full path into file explorer kinda thing).

You could also do something really simplistic and just drive map the share, and then use the drive letter instead of the IP/hostname but again, it seems like it might be some kind of permission/share problem (albeit there's alot of questions if that is the case).
denogginizer

Post by denogginizer »

Thank you very much for the suggestions.
I will try them all and report back.
Clearly, the issue is on my end.
Lekker

Post by Lekker »

I'm looking for any updates related to the remote directory issue. I'm having the same problem as OP. I've tried server name/ip and mapped drive paths for the directory and nothing seems to work. No issue with permissions. This is Windows 10 to Windows 10
denogginizer

Post by denogginizer »

It's been almost two years and I never did fix this.
Trying again with brand new Linux shares with Samba that are fully accessible and a new Windows install.
Same issues as before and I've tried everything evilhero suggested.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Yeah this one's hard to replicate at all on my end, since I'm not having those issues (mind you I'm going from a windows 10 machine to an SMB linux share) - but if you're using the python2 repo, you should first move to the python3 branch located here.

When you go to Scan Comic Directory - can you try doing: r'\\192.168.1.225\Publications\Comics'

The r' and the closing ' are important - it's telling Mylar to take the raw input and not do anything with it. I remember something like this coming up years ago, but tbh I can't really recall what happened with that - although I do vaguely recall it was was something related to the above as I was trying to code around it but was failing miserably in my attempts at that time. If the above works, then I'll have to revisit it.