Bad Torrent files returned from KAT

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
wyth

Re: Bad Torrent files returned from KAT

Post by wyth »

Voila! Thank you so much! Everything is running now, and all the issues from the last few weeks seem like they're good to go. Thanks for all the patience and help. I hope anyone else who comes across this thread also finds it useful.
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

Is anyone experiencing this problem currently? Any torrent from KAT is reported as invalid for me. Recently python was updated to 2.7.10-14 on the NAS Mylar runs on, could this have anything to do with it?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

It's a problem with the site KAT downloads it's torrent files from (torcache). They implemented a sort of timer that stops automated Downloaders that don't access it via a browser to not work as they did previously (this was just in the last week roughly).

The latest development commit has the fix so that downloads can continue from KAT, however if you use a proxy with kat (you use the kat_proxy option within the config.ini) it won't work still - hopefully a fix will be coming in the next little while for that one (just need time to get to a machine to work on it).

It's also on github here
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

Thanks evil, that seems to have fixed the issue. Weirdly though I did check for updates but there didn't seem to be one. After force pulling from git manually an update was found and the issue was fixed.
Cheers :)