Error when trying to add from current library

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
pipester

Error when trying to add from current library

Post by pipester »

I have been trying to add my comics based on my currently library, but I keep running into this error.
2015-05-01 16:23:30 ERROR Uncaught exception: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/davidpipe/Usenet/Mylar/mylar/logger.py", line 159, in new_run
old_run(*args, **kwargs)
File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 763, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "/Users/pipester/Usenet/Mylar/mylar/librarysync.py", line 575, in scanLibrary
logger.fdebug("comicname: " + soma_sl['comicname'].encode('utf-8'))
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc2 in position 20: ordinal not in range(128)
2015-05-01 16:23:27 INFO Starting mass importing...1573 records.
2015-05-01 16:23:08 INFO Successfully loaded 9 series from your watchlist.
2015-05-01 16:23:08 INFO loading in the watchlist to see if a series is being watched already...
Any ideas?

-Pipester
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Error when trying to add from current library

Post by evilhero »

It's a problem with the logger - it's trying to write the name of the series to the log file for logging purposes but can't covert it properly. C'est la bug ;)

The easy solution (for the time being) is to move the files that contain a Latin capital A with circumflex (0xC2) into a different directory and try again. I'll do a bug fix up for it, but I'm not infront of a machine atm in order to do it.
JPNYC81

Post by JPNYC81 »

Running into the same problem, on a massive collection I can't find the offending file.
Is there any way to increase the logging and return the decode unfriendly filename?
xthursdsayx

Post by xthursdsayx »

Was this ever addressed? I am trying to import a huge collection and only part of it is showing up on the Import Results page after running the comic library scanner. I've checked the directory and file permissions, and that's not the problem, so I think it must be this error preventing the other files from being imported. Here is the gui log output:

Code: Select all

Uncaught exception: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/app/mylar/mylar/logger.py", line 159, in new_run
old_run(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 754, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "/app/mylar/mylar/librarysync.py", line 570, in scanLibrary
logger.fdebug("comicname: " + soma_sl['comicname'].encode('utf-8'))
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 15: ordinal not in range(128)
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

It should be fixed on the development branch, but Unicode problems are always problematic.

All you can do is try the development branch and then see if you're getting errors still (or a different kind even).
xthursdsayx

Post by xthursdsayx »

Do you know of any way to bulk change all non-ascii characters in my filenames? That seems like it would solve the problem, but I can't figure out how to do it...