[SOLVED] Trouble setting up file rename properly

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
ckboyle

[SOLVED] Trouble setting up file rename properly

Post by ckboyle »

First off, this project is incredible and you're pretty much my hero.
Second, thanks for the quick replies on Twitter.
Third, here's my issue:

I've got Mylar finding files via my search provider and sending the nzbs over to Sabnzbd to download. However, once the file is finished is saved to my Sabnzbd default directory rather than being properly renamed and filed away in the folder system Mylar has setup for me (an awesome feature by the way). Here's a quick screenshot of my file renaming settings:

evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Trouble setting up file rename properly

Post by evilhero »

Well I'm glad that you're excited to use the program - once it's setup and running, you should be in the clear aside from the odd issue that may rear it's ugly head (really obscure issue numbering is always a pain).

So let's try and work through what's going on with your setup.

If the file is being downloaded properly, I'm going to guess that the 3 files located in the /sabnzbd folder within the mylar root directory are the probable cause. If you're familiar with sickbeard/headphones - these 3 files are required in order for post-processing to be achieved.
Here's the breakdown from the readme file on the main page of github as it relates to your problem:
  • Within the sabnzbd/ folder of Mylar there are 3 files (autoProcessComics.py, autoProcessComics.cfg.sample, ComicRN.py)

Edit (put in your Mylar host, port, login and password (if required), and ssl(0 for no, 1 for yes) and rename the autoProcessComics.cfg.sample to autoProcessComics.cfg. Note that the Mylar host must be identical to what you have provided in the Mylar Configuration screen.

Copy autoProcessComics.py, autoProcessComics.cfg and ComicRN.py into your SABnzbd scripts directory (or wherever your SABnzbd stores it's scripts).

Make sure SABnzbd is setup to have a 'comic-related' category that points it to the ComicRN.py script that was just moved.

Ensure in Mylar that the category is named exactly the same.
If you have Mylar and SABnzbd running on different machines, you'd probably need to set the SABnzbd download directory within Mylar to point to the download directory specified for your SABnzbd comics category. Otherwise, leaving it blank is ok.

That's pretty much it from that point - just make sure that you have Post-Processing enabled within Mylar (Configuratin / Quality & Post-Processing tab).

After any change to the Mylar configuration, it's also best to restart Mylar so that it will load in the new values accordingly and not have any stragglers.

As an aside, I notice that you're on the Master build of Mylar. The development build is the most-up-to-date and has some features that haven't been implemented within the Master build as of yet (namely better torrent integration). If you experience problems within the Master build, it might be better to switch to the development branch in order to make sure you've got all the latest items.

As another aside, the option to 'Automatically Mark All Issues As Wanted' might cause some problems with re-downloads - I can't recall if all the bugs were ironed out of that option or not (I haven't even looked at that part of the code in a very long time). So if you happen to experience problems, please submit an issue on github for it :)
ckboyle

Post by ckboyle »

Excellent! I'll give this a try here as soon as I can. Just curious, since most of the issues have already downloaded to Sabnzbd's directory structure, is there any (easy) way to process those files that have already downloaded?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Yup of course there is - but TBH I can't recall if it's in the Master build or not.

In the development build, under the Manage tab, there's an option tab for Manual Post-Processing. Just enter in the path to where your comics are, and it will attempt to post-process them all (which means they'll get renamed (if it's enabled), and then moved into the appropriate directory, then the files rescanned so that the comic details screen shows the most up-to-date stats):

If you don't have the tab, then it's only available in the Development build at the moment.