[SOLVED] Have some bugs

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
kingfenix

[SOLVED] Have some bugs

Post by kingfenix »

evilhero, first let me say a BIG HONKING THANK YOU. I cant tell you how long I've hoped that someone would make something like this. Love your app here and appreciate the effort behind it.

Bugs-----
I am using the torrent integration specifically KAT, and the two issues I am noticing (neither of which cause actual error messages) are following
1) The torrent files get saved without an extension on them in my blackhole folder - once I go manually rename them and add the extension then they get seen by my torrent app and download just fine.
2) It seems that only 1 "wanted" issue gets snatched per series. i.e. I have a series with 10 "wanted" issues. It then gives me one single file which I have to rename the extension on and it downloads one single issue, however in the interface all 10 are marked as snatched and I never got the other 9 torrent files.

question -----
When will the "scan my comics folders" method of adding series be ready? that will be awesome :D

suggestion -----
When I click manage, and then manage comics to get to the nice graphical listing of series I am subscribed to, could that screen be made to be the "home" screen instead of the wanted issues list? and instead make the wanted issues list be a peripheral screen you click to access?

Thanks again evilhero, I am excited to see this grow and get debugged, and I am ready willing and able to help in any way possible..

Last but not least...if it matters....I am running mylar in firefox on MAC OS X 10.8.

kingfenix
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Have some bugs

Post by evilhero »

Well thanks for the kind words, I do believe the two issues you are having have most recently been addressed in the last development commit. Both the lack of .torrent extension on the filenames, as well as the filenames themselves (which now should be in the format of series_issue_year.torrent).

The 'Scan Comics Folders' option is available in a purely developmental way. It does work, however there are some lingering bugs that need to be ironed out - I believe it's only available via the GUI on the development branch, but doing a 'Save and Scan' and then browsing to the Manage tab, and then the ImportResults Management screen will bring you into the results of the scan where you can select series to import/remove/modify etc.

Your 'home' screen should be your watchlist screen showing you all the series you have in your watchlist, with the graphical bar indicating how much you have, etc. I didn't do the graphical listing simply because of the overhead it would cause - if you have a watchlist of 100+ comics (there are those with far more than that I'm sure), it would take forever to load up the images even if they are cached which would slow things down majorily. I may add it in as an optional presentation method, but that will be aways away. I have been working on doing a Tiled-format to the main 'home' screen where each 'tile' gives a picture of an issue, followed by the graphical have/not bar beneath it and some other info (title, year, status, etc) - but suffice to say it's nowhere near being released into development as my dataTables skills are really lacking of late, and it's not possibly to do it as good without the use of them in some manner.

kingfenix