Arc Question

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
dirrtyjoe

Arc Question

Post by dirrtyjoe »

When Mylar downloads comics in an arc from a .cbl file does it keep them in the directory of the title comic or in a separate arc directory?

Example: if I add a .cbl for the Marvel Civil War arc, will Civil War 001 be put in the Civil War (title) folder or in the Civil War (arc) folder? I'd love if there was a way to put it in the (title) and link to the (arc).
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Arc Question

Post by evilhero »

Well it's a bit complicated, and it's also a WIP - so I'll do my best to answer as best as I can, keeping in mind that things might get changed due to structures.

When Mylar downloads a comic from the Arc section, it currently just puts it into the StoryArc directory location - which currently resides in a level below whatever you have your Comic Location set to in the Mylar configuration (if you have it set to '/home/comics' then the storyarc directory is automatically put in '/home/comics/storyarcs').

Now when you have it search for issues on your watchlist, any issue(s) that it finds will get copied into the storyarc directory so it's easier to view everything in one location and to move/delete as required by the user thereafter (ie. you read the arc, then you can delete the arc kinda thing).

If you have the Reading Order option enabled, it will aslo append the reading order # to the beginning of the issue in the format of XXX- (001-, 005-, etc) - this also applies to issues that it downloads via the storyarc screen.

It's definitely possible to have it store it in one location (title folder), and then just mark it as being in that other location (storyarc folder) when doing anything with that storyarc. It's just a matter of doing the code for such a thing. I'm not a fan of linking, just because on Windows it's shortcuts, on linux it's symlinks and then it can get into all sorts of nasty permission issues and such that can be more of a headache than it's worth. It would be easier and much more manageable to maintain the location of the given issue and just point either the title folder or the story arc folder to the proper location :)

I'll add it to the 'to-do' list and see how things go the next time I'm in that portion recoding (which is usually frequently)...