Mylar eventually stops downloading

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
arrabiki

Mylar eventually stops downloading

Post by arrabiki »

Hi all,

I'm running mylar in a container on unraid (the linuxserver/mylar3 container), and i've noticed that after a while the downloads just sort of....stop. If i restart the container they start again, but obviously this isn't sustainable. I took a look in the logs when it seems to stop looking for things and i see the following:

Code: Select all

Execution of job "RSS Feeds (trigger: interval[0:30:00], next run at: 2021-01-03 13:04:58 UTC)" skipped: maximum number of running instances reached (3)
Repeated over and over, every 30 minutes (which is what i have my RSS interval set to). What can i do to further troubleshoot/resolve this issue?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Mylar eventually stops downloading

Post by evilhero »

If you have 3 running instances, then I'm guessing one of the instances never finished completely (probably the 1st one) - and the other ones ran thinking the first was finished and either clobbered itself, or encountered the same error the first did. Well that's one possibility I guess.

Your best bet is to make sure Mylar is in debug mode, set your log file size to something more than 10mb so that you can capture more info (~50mb is good for temporary usage), and then wait for it to happen again (I know right). Once you get it happening again, generate a CarePackage file from the Configuration page, and upload that somewhere and put the link in here so that we can view it.

You can also go to History --- View Logs --- Exceptions/Tracebacks. You'll hopefully see a bunch of errors therein that might indicate better as to what happened. Note that each exception/traceback also generates a small snippet that captured some logging leading up to the specific error - these are located in the logs directory and are labelled as specific_XXX.log (where XXX is the ID number from the Exceptions/Tracebacks screen).
arrabiki

Re: Mylar eventually stops downloading

Post by arrabiki »

Thanks! Looks like there's a ton of "failed to get NZB" in my download log. Looks like my Hydra instance is suddenly taking 9 years to return a result so i'm guessing it's timing out. At least i've got some breadcrumbs now!