Downloads only happen if I restart Mylar

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
leaderdog

Downloads only happen if I restart Mylar

Post by leaderdog »

I've had this problem before. I did a search for it but it said words were to common. :)

anyways. all the books are available on indexers, and yes, I know we have to wait until the one kind soul that updates comicvine slowly updates over the next several days. but Mylar doesn't download anything unless I restart it. So each day I restart mylar until it finally has all the books downloaded.

is there a way to restart mylar with -debug mode on by default? ooh, looks like I did remember to turn on debug mode last time.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vcobrj7s35wjb ... e.zip?dl=0

So something isn't triggering or is getting stuck.

I have 686 (including this weeks new releases) in the wanted issues. almost half in second tier (315).

I only use nzb and experimental search is selected.

hmm, nzb search interval is set to 360 mins... not sure if that has anything to do with it? I know I increased that because of some issue before.

May be a windows issue? I don't see anyone else bringing this up. So it may just be a me problem that I keep having for some reason.

Mylar Version: python3-dev
-- git (build f24f8ab9e0590853dbd47573cda7262c7a5e01a4)
Python Version : 3.7.7
Language : en_CA.cp1252

Thanks, and any help is appreciated. :)
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Downloads only happen if I restart Mylar

Post by evilhero »

If you want to start Mylar in debug mode, you would just add the -v switch to the command line call that you use. Or, you could just set the log_level variable in the config.ini to 2 (ie. log_level = 2).

The 2nd tier stuff doesn't get API searched for - it only checks against your RSS feeds for those (315) issues that are in that 2nd Tier. Only the Tier1 items get the API + RSS search combination (aside from if you were to manually search for an issue, that just bypasses the entire Tier aspect which is meant more for automation).

Experimental had some problems with being able to correctly parse some headers - which I just pushed up yesterday I think it was. So any new issues that were posted in the last few weeks (using the experimental indexer), would not have been able to grab properly (atho possibly the rss aspect might have been able to catch some).

The only thing I see in the given log is your folder monitor firing off and the results of that - along with a general CV error:

Code: Select all

16-Dec-2020 18:13:18 - WARNING :: mylar.pulldetails.82 : ThreadPoolExecutor-0_3 : Error fetching data from ComicVine: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='comicvine.gamespot.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/issues/?api_key=-REDACTED-&format=xml&filter=volume:42285&field_list=cover_date,description,id,image,issue_number,name,date_last_updated,store_date&offset=100 (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x0000015BD1EAE488>: Failed to establish a new connection: [WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond'))
which basically means that you hit the API limit and were temporarily restricted access for a period of time (I think it's a temp ban for an hr, but I could be mistaken). Not being able to access CV, might have cause some errors in relation to the searches if it were trying to update the issues while performing a search.

You can go into the History tab, View Logs, then click on the Exceptions/Tracebacks button and you'll be able to see any exceptions/tracebacks that occurred in the search module (as that's the only one at the moment that's set to use this). From there you can view log snippets of each particular error and you might be able to gain some more insight as to what's happening. Each log snippet is also included in your logs directory with the specific_XX.log so you can pastebin away if need be.
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

Thanks,

I changed the config.ini.

Why would I have to many api calls and get banned from comicvine? Too many titles in Mylar? old series seem to always do a refresh which... is that really necessary? any way to turn that off? old ended series, while the odd one gets started again, it's pretty few and far between. and if a new title comes out it should poll against the existing titles to determine if it's a new series no?

and the exceptions/tracebacks in History tab, I clicked on it and it comes up empty. Am I doing it wrong? I had done a search for traceback or trace and it didn't come up with anything in either of the two logs that I linked. and it was on debug. which still leaves us with the question as to why Mylar won't download anything unless I open it up and click the word restart at the bottom of the page.

out of curiousity, I clicked restart and it proceeded to download 4 titles.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9c879ajg8b8z5 ... e.zip?dl=0

there are no errors in the log that I can see

I do appreciate any help. this is a bit of a head scratcher.
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

First off, Happy New Year! :)

But this issues still plagues me. Unless I restart Mylar it doesn't download the new books. There may be the odd one that downloads but not very many and Mylar will grab 7 or so books depending on how many have been updated by comicvine.

Here are the logs from the past couple weeks.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x8cfg1kkges4n ... e.zip?dl=0

RSS interval feed Check is set to 60mins
I have experimental Search selected
NZB Search Interval is 360 minutes
Search Delay 5 mins

Mylar Version: python3-dev
-- git (build 76babab55a36cab7d198406908b5e31d57310b28)
Python Version : 3.7.7
Language : en_CA.cp1252

Again, i don't see anyone else saying they are having this problem. Could I have something setup in windows wrong that is causing this not to fire?

Do newer versions of python work correctly on Windows 10? that's the only other thing I can think of that may help, but that seems unlikely too.

/shrug I don't really know what to do here, other than restart Mylar daily to get new downloads.

I was thinking a fresh install, but I've done that in the past and this type of behaviour persists, so I don't know if it's tied to my cache, config and db, or something mylar/python don't like in Windows. Sonarr/Radarr doesn't have this problem. lazylibrarian.... I couldn't honestly say how it behaves as I only check it to update and add new authors generally. and lidarr... well I think it works, but I don't have many artists in there so it only goes off occasionally. ;)
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Comparing Mylar to Sonarr / Radarr / Lidarr - not worth doing as they are in different languages with different codebases (C++) compared to Mylar (python). The closest thing would be LL, however our code-base is far different from LL's - so again you're trying to compare an XBOX Series X to a PS5 (like saying why can't the PS5 play Forza, or why can't Gods of War play on an xbox).

I did notice in your config.ini that you have a duplicate SABnzbd section that could be causing some problems.

You should find the following in your config.ini and remove the entire thing - including the [SABnzbd] group header. The [SABnzbd] group appears fully in your config.ini above that which would mean that the CDH is effectively turned off since the sab_client_post_processing variable gets set to False after it was set to True a few lines above:

Code: Select all

[SABnbzd]
sab_client_post_processing = False
Make sure you remove that particular segment only (including the [SABnzbd] heading) - the [SABnzbd] section that has the the sabnzbd_host, sabnzbd_username, etc is the correct one and should be the lone group heading with that title in your config.
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

Thanks, I changed that. hopefully that's all it is.

I wasn't comparing Mylar to the others, more so saying they work so wasn't sure how it could be a windows based issue. (which it still could be of course). :)
leaderdog

Post by leaderdog »

Just an update on this.

Whatever you changed with the many updates over the past week, Mylar is now downloading files as it updates the new releases list.

I've changed nothing, so something you did fixed it.

Thanks!! :)