bug(?) causing nothing to match/it to be archived with a previously working filename format

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
BoxGhost

bug(?) causing nothing to match/it to be archived with a previously working filename format

Post by BoxGhost »

When i originally set up mylar years ago my filename format worked fine and then i sort of set it and forgot about it for a long time so not sure when it started. After a system error that made me rebuild my containers i noticed everything had been archived. I updated to mylar 3 to make sure it wasn't a mylar 2 thing. But still had the issue afterwords. Also made sure it wasn't a permission issue. Then started messing with the file name and got results.

I tried searching on here and github and on reddit and elsewhere so hopefully i didn't miss this already being talked about.

so anyways

with a format of $Series #$Issue ($Year) with spaces being replaced with underscores (Title_of_Comic_#issue_(year).cbz/r) mylar cant match the file with the comic anymore.

if i remove the # but leave the _ it works
or
if i remove the _ between the issue number and year it also works

with the # symbol and _ between the issue number and year it seems to combine the issue number and year?

2020-10-07 00:26:10 DEBUG issue verified as : 001_.(2013
2020-10-07 00:26:10 DEBUG issue_position: 4
2020-10-07 00:26:10 DEBUG issue number :#001_.(2013
https://pastebin.com/GQa3380G <-- full log of rechecking for a file

when you remove either (i removed the # here) it doesn't seem to confuse them and does match the file

2020-10-07 01:07:59 DEBUG issue verified as : 001
2020-10-07 01:07:59 DEBUG issue_position: 4
2020-10-07 01:07:59 DEBUG issue number :001
https://pastebin.com/HnkvMx2A <- full log of rechecking for a file

Same happens if you use . instead of _
with the same solutions ( remove # or the . between issue and year)

I'm not opposed to just renaming everything if it is simpler, besides it being a LOT to rename lol, since i'm not very picky about fine names. But before i do all that figured i would see if there was anything i was missing or could do.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: bug(?) causing nothing to match/it to be archived with a previously working filename format

Post by evilhero »

Yeah - the problem is that the # sign is being captured as an issue number, but it's not honouring the _ as a space delimiter so it assumes the issue number is #001_(2013, which is obviously not correct.

The fix is now in the python3-dev branch, and then it will get into the master branch probably within the week (we tend to try and do the merges weekly where we can).

So at this point, you'll have to wait for the merge to master (since you're running a container I'm guessing you're on the master branch) - or I guess start renaming some of the titles that you're actively using if you can't wait for the branch merge to occur later in the week.

But it is fixed in the PR (tested it against the exact title you provided in your examples) - if that helps at all with any decisions.
BoxGhost

Re: bug(?) causing nothing to match/it to be archived with a previously working filename format

Post by BoxGhost »

Hey, that's awesome! One of the containers on unraid lets you pull the dev branch and i was using it to test the issue so i Just repulled the image and confirmed its matching everything now! Thank you so much, that saves me a lot of renaming. lol