Help with Permission Issue

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
tXzkZFRU

Help with Permission Issue

Post by tXzkZFRU »

Hi All

I saw V3 was being developed so I thought I would take the opportunity to move to a Docker install.

I installed this version:
https://hub.docker.com/r/hotio/mylar3

I decided not to move my setup over but to start from scratch, I configured the settings and tried to add a new comic, but I get the following issue:

Code: Select all

WARNING :: mylar.validateAndCreateDirectory.1709 : Thread-13 : [DIRECTORY-CHECK] Could not create directory: /media/NAS/Comics/Thor (2020) [[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/media/NAS']. Aborting
I checked and the PGID and PUID is set to correctly, I then logged in as the user in question and was able to add and remove a test folder in this location.

The NAS is mounted via NFS and has all the correct permissions.
I have tried playing with the permissions settings but it makes no difference. I know this is going to be a simple fix but I am scratching my head.
Any ideas?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Help with Permission Issue

Post by evilhero »

It saying it can't create the Comics directory in /media/NAS. Which is typical for root mount points - best bet is to create the Comics directory and give full perms (ie. 755 or 775) to the user running mylar. Mylar then won't try to create the root directory and will try to create just the series directories beneath that path.

If the Comics directory is already created, then the user running Mylar doesn't have enough ownership/perms to even enter into the directory, let alone create.
tXzkZFRU

Post by tXzkZFRU »

thanks, figured it out the mount was incorrect in my config - stupid issue sorry!

Now to figure out the post processing issues - the joys!
jefftr66

Post by jefftr66 »

I having this same issue - I also moved from mylar2 to mylar3 but didn't move over settings. I am also getting the [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/comix']. Aborting msg - on my previously created comics directory.

I am running in Docker using DockSTARTer (don't know if that makes a diff.)

Sorry, I didn't understand your previous reply - if the /comix is already created I can't use that folder anymore?
I've set all permissions to 777 so that shouldn't be an issue?

Any help appreciated.

Jeff
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

jefftr66 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:21 pm I having this same issue - I also moved from mylar2 to mylar3 but didn't move over settings. I am also getting the [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/comix']. Aborting msg - on my previously created comics directory.

I am running in Docker using DockSTARTer (don't know if that makes a diff.)

Sorry, I didn't understand your previous reply - if the /comix is already created I can't use that folder anymore?
I've set all permissions to 777 so that shouldn't be an issue?

Any help appreciated.

Jeff
Pretty much saying exactly what the error is indicating. The user running Mylar does not have the proper permission to write to, or possibly even access the /comix folder. You need to ensure that you have the permissions correct for the given user in your docker file (I'm assuming), as well as where the mount point is and ensure that's fully accessible to the user running Mylar (ie. user needs to be either owner, or group with permissions being recursive).

Pasting in the entire error message leading up to that particular message might help as well (or provide the carepackage - which you can run via the configuration screen)
jefftr66

Post by jefftr66 »

These are my current permissions:

drwxrwxrwx 51 jefe jefe 57 May 24 11:59 comix

Not sure what I need to change them to?
tXzkZFRU

Post by tXzkZFRU »

does the docker container have access to this folder using the PGID and PUID values?
jefftr66

Post by jefftr66 »

Figured it out (with a bunch of help)

While my folder is set to /comix in Docker .env the mylar compose was still set to /comics. (At least that's how my linux noob brain understands it)

Setting Mylar to /comics fixed the issue. Thanks.