Mylar Stops Search After This Error

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
Ghozt

Mylar Stops Search After This Error

Post by Ghozt »

I noticed that Mylar stops searching for anything after I receive this error

07-Dec-2019 14:33:54 - ERROR :: mylar.excepthook.315 : SEARCH-QUEUE : Uncaught exception: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\GhozT\Downloads\mylar-master\mylar-master\mylar\logger.py", line 337, in new_run
old_run(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line 754, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "C:\Users\GhozT\Downloads\mylar-master\mylar-master\mylar\helpers.py", line 3154, in search_queue
ss_queue = mylar.search.searchforissue(item['issueid'])
File "C:\Users\GhozT\Downloads\mylar-master\mylar-master\mylar\search.py", line 1862, in searchforissue
foundNZB, prov = search_init(ComicName, IssueNumber, str(IssueYear), SeriesYear, Publisher, IssueDate, StoreDate, actissueid, AlternateSearch, UseFuzzy, ComicVersion, SARC=SARC, IssueArcID=IssueArcID, mode=mode, rsscheck=rsscheck, ComicID=ComicID, filesafe=Comicname_filesafe, allow_packs=allow_packs, oneoff=oneoff, manual=manual, torrentid_32p=TorrentID_32p, digitaldate=DigitalDate, booktype=booktype)
File "C:\Users\GhozT\Downloads\mylar-master\mylar-master\mylar\search.py", line 359, in search_init
findit = NZB_SEARCH(ComicName, IssueNumber, ComicYear, SeriesYear, Publisher, IssueDate, StoreDate, searchprov, send_prov_count, IssDateFix, IssueID, UseFuzzy, newznab_host, ComicVersion=ComicVersion, SARC=SARC, IssueArcID=IssueArcID, RSS="no", ComicID=ComicID, issuetitle=issuetitle, unaltered_ComicName=unaltered_ComicName, allow_packs=allow_packs, oneoff=oneoff, cmloopit=cmloopit, manual=manual, torznab_host=torznab_host, torrentid_32p=torrentid_32p, digitaldate=digitaldate, booktype=booktype)
File "C:\Users\GhozT\Downloads\mylar-master\mylar-master\mylar\search.py", line 1478, in NZB_SEARCH
nzbname = nzbname_create(nzbprov, info=mylar.COMICINFO, title=ComicTitle) #entry['title'])
File "C:\Users\GhozT\Downloads\mylar-master\mylar-master\mylar\search.py", line 2001, in nzbname_create
if u'\xbd' in IssueNumber:
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable

The comic I was searching for was Ghost Rider 2099

I'm not really sure what to do but the only thing I can do is basically shut down or restart Mylar to get it to function correctly again until it gets to that error. I looked up part of it and was able to find something in regards to not all of the comic information being available or no date listed for the issue that it is trying to find? I might be completely wrong but any help with this is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Mylar Stops Search After This Error

Post by evilhero »

We would need to see the full debug logs leading up to that error.

The error you posted is basically saying that one of the search results didn't contain an issue number, but you're looking for a specific issue of a given series where there should be an issue number (ie. not a TPB/GN).

So yeah, unfortunately, we'd need to see the logs to see what the search result was and from what provider so that we can fix things properly.
castertr0y357

Post by castertr0y357 »

I'm hitting a similar issue. But it happens randomly during an auto-search, and I'll open it up to find it locked with a very similar message.

I've turned on debug logging, and hopefully I can catch it when the exception hits. I'll upload my logs if I'm actually able to catch the issue. It's been plaguing me for the past week or so.
adispi

Post by adispi »

This is with debug on. Heppends every time, and the only way I can make the search start again is with Killing the mylar process and starting again.
I removed the apikey...

2020-01-10 21:57:37 ERROR Uncaught exception: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/volume1/@appstore/mylar/share/mylar/mylar/logger.py", line 337, in new_run
old_run(*args, **kwargs)
File "/var/packages/python/target/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 754, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "/volume1/@appstore/mylar/share/mylar/mylar/helpers.py", line 3170, in search_queue
ss_queue = mylar.search.searchforissue(item['issueid'])
File "/volume1/@appstore/mylar/share/mylar/mylar/search.py", line 1862, in searchforissue
foundNZB, prov = search_init(ComicName, IssueNumber, str(IssueYear), SeriesYear, Publisher, IssueDate, StoreDate, actissueid, AlternateSearch, UseFuzzy, ComicVersion, SARC=SARC, IssueArcID=IssueArcID, mode=mode, rsscheck=rsscheck, ComicID=ComicID, filesafe=Comicname_filesafe, allow_packs=allow_packs, oneoff=oneoff, manual=manual, torrentid_32p=TorrentID_32p, digitaldate=DigitalDate, booktype=booktype)
File "/volume1/@appstore/mylar/share/mylar/mylar/search.py", line 359, in search_init
findit = NZB_SEARCH(ComicName, IssueNumber, ComicYear, SeriesYear, Publisher, IssueDate, StoreDate, searchprov, send_prov_count, IssDateFix, IssueID, UseFuzzy, newznab_host, ComicVersion=ComicVersion, SARC=SARC, IssueArcID=IssueArcID, RSS="no", ComicID=ComicID, issuetitle=issuetitle, unaltered_ComicName=unaltered_ComicName, allow_packs=allow_packs, oneoff=oneoff, cmloopit=cmloopit, manual=manual, torznab_host=torznab_host, torrentid_32p=torrentid_32p, digitaldate=digitaldate, booktype=booktype)
File "/volume1/@appstore/mylar/share/mylar/mylar/search.py", line 765, in NZB_SEARCH
if e.r.status_code == 503:
AttributeError: 'TooManyRedirects' object has no attribute 'r'
2020-01-10 21:57:37 WARNING General Error fetching data from newznab: Exceeded 30 redirects.
2020-01-10 21:57:34 DEBUG [SSL: True] Search URL: https://nzbfinder.ws/api?t=search&q=gen ... 30&apikey=*
2020-01-10 21:57:34 INFO Pausing for 60 seconds before continuing to avoid hammering
2020-01-10 21:57:34 DEBUG findloop: 0 / findcount: 1
2020-01-10 21:57:34 INFO Shhh be very quiet...I'm looking for gen:Lock issue: 8 (2020) using NZBfinder (newznab).
2020-01-10 21:57:34 DEBUG Using Newznab host of : NZBfinder
adispi

Post by adispi »

I just do gen:lock manually and added it and the issue is gone.
I guess it is an issue with the :
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

adispi, I'm not receiving any search errors against nzbfinder with that particular title. The ':' gets removed from the search constraints since it's not allowed within a filename (OS restrictions).

The only error I get is:

Code: Select all

10-Jan-2020 15:49:16 - WARNING :: mylar.NZB_SEARCH.773 : SEARCH-QUEUE : Unable to retrieve search results from nzbfinder.ws (newznab) [Status Code returned: 400]
which is due to me going over the free API limit they have in place. No tracebacks, no errors, no breakage.

Make sure you're up-to-date on whatever branch you're running - as the apikey should be removed from the URL in the logs with a 'xUDONTNEEDTOKNOWTHISx'. So possibly you're not running a current version of Mylar, and/or your apikey is incorrect.
adispi

Post by adispi »

10 23:18:44 INFO Mylar is up to date

I'm on master.

And it did not remove it.

And my apikey has not changed in 2 years and is working in sonarr and radarr.

The only thing I can think of that is worth mentioning is that I am Synology using the synocommunity package.

Adi
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Dunno what to say - if it's not removing the apikey from that specific line that shows it removed from my local / source copy, then you're not running a recent version.

Can you verify the commit you're running ?

What version of python are you running against Mylar ?

I see you're using the synology app installation, which can be problematic but usually due to permissions - which this isn't obviously, but might be contributing to the problem (dunno how, but it's a possibility)
adispi

Post by adispi »

Configuration Options
Mylar Version: master
-- git build d1ff6079a0d1994272fd441736fc27ee2c8084d1.
Python Version : 2.7.14
Language : en_US.UTF-8

MYLAR PROGRAM OPTIONS
Mylar Data Directory : /volume1/@appstore/mylar/var/
Mylar Program Directory : /volume1/@appstore/mylar/share/mylar
Mylar Cache Directory : /volume1/@appstore/mylar/var/cache
Mylar Config File :/volume1/@appstore/mylar/var/config.ini

And I went through all the permission issues when I set this up long time ago. This started after I updated mylar this week (I do not update very often, as mylar does not notify of an update, so I do it when I remember to check).
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

It might be related to nzbfinder or something - I mean when I tried it I never got any redirect errors, and usually that happens when the site provides an incorrect redirect and it just loops forever. Have you tried recently again to see if it's still problematic ?