Comic dup file leaves sab unable to finish script

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
leaderdog

Comic dup file leaves sab unable to finish script

Post by leaderdog »

Hi Evilhero,

I'll just post it step by step so hopefully it makes more sense.

1) Mylar downloaded a file but it was incomplete
2) I downloaded a good copy from a different site and put it in my files to manual post process.
3) I deleted the file
4) Hit recheck and it archived the file,
5) I selected it and made it wanted
6) Ran post processing
7) file moved over and showed it was complete
8) Mylar went ahead and redownloaded the incomplete file again
9) it's stuck in Sabnzbd "running script - ComicsRN.py"
10) I went to my comics_Dup folder and the incomplete file is in there

Only way to stop Sab:
11) go to my incomplete folder delete the afflicted file
12) End process Sab
13) restart sab

This may be a small use case, but I'm sure this has happened to me on occasion before.
Any chance that can be remedied in the script so if it gets put to comic_dup that the post process will end, or is this a sab thing that is beyond your control?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Comic dup file leaves sab unable to finish script

Post by evilhero »

We can't force a post-process to end if it's being called from another application. Your SABnzbd is downloading the item and then calling the ComicRN script upon completion.

You shouldn't have marked it as Wanted. Doing that invokes the search to fire off, so while it was performing a search for that specific issue - you performed a manual post-processing on the item you manually downloaded. It post-processed fine, and got marked as Downloaded. But the search was still in the process of searching for that specific issue not knowing that it's been downloaded already (since it checks the status prior to invoking the search) - so it redownloaded it again thinking it wasn't downloaded.

So, the status of the issue doesn't make a difference when it comes to post-processing. If it's Wanted/Skipped it will still attempt to post-process it as per normal. The only difference, obviously is that if it's Skipped, it won't perform any search actions against that issue.

Marking it as Skipped instead of Wanted would have avoided the redownload.

Also, have you thought about using CDH instead of ComicRN - it would avoid those lockups in your SABnzbd instance since SABnzbd wouldn't be calling any external scripts.

And, Failed Download Handling - enable it so that if an item is incomplete/invalid when it tries to download it or perform post-processing, it will attempt to redownload a good version of it and mark the invalid one as bad and not download that specific problematic file again.
leaderdog

Re: Comic dup file leaves sab unable to finish script

Post by leaderdog »

Hi Evilhero,

Thanks for the reply and explanation.

I do have failed download handling and auto retry failed selected.

I hadn't used CDH, mainly because it clears the history in Sab and it is just easier for me to quickly check Sab to see if something I was expecting to download actually occurred (Sonar does that anyways-removes the download history). Unless there is a way to turn that off and leave the history?

Incidentally, I'm still having the same problem as the previous weeks, Some files download, if I restart the instance a couple more will download and the rest aren't visible on rss... Even though they are available on Alt Hub, and I removed Alt hub in favor of Usenet-Crawler (surprisingly it's back and all comics are updated as far as I can see) but it couldn't find it on rss either.

I checked the date too and they were fine, just didn't find them.

Robyn Hood - Outlaws 03 I was testing with.

I'll post the log pertaining to that in the other thread.

Thanks again for clearing that up, I'll try CDH, I assume I delete the script and change a few things? I'll look into it.