Post-process-script ComicRN.py ... failed

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
owlbear

Post-process-script ComicRN.py ... failed

Post by owlbear »

So, finally took the time to use this amazing tool once again to look up my comics. Installed it today and tried it out, but I encountered this error on every issue. Not sure where I went wrong, or how to fix it?

NZBGet log:
Kind Time Text
INFO Fri Mar 15 2019 17:55:00 Collection The.Walking.Dead.189.2019.Digital.Zone-Empire added to history
ERROR Fri Mar 15 2019 17:55:00 Post-process-script ComicRN.py for The.Walking.Dead.189.2019.Digital.Zone-Empire failed
INFO Fri Mar 15 2019 17:55:00 ComicRN: {"error": {"message": "API not enabled"}}
INFO Fri Mar 15 2019 17:55:00 ComicRN: Opening URL: http://localhost:8090/api?apikey=&apc_v ... e&failed=0
INFO Fri Mar 15 2019 17:55:00 ComicRN: Loading config from F:\Program Files (x86)\NZBGet\scripts\autoProcessComics.cfg
INFO Fri Mar 15 2019 17:55:00 ComicRN: requests to bypass this in the future (ie. pip install requests)
INFO Fri Mar 15 2019 17:55:00 ComicRN: Requests module not found on system. I'll revert so this will work, but you probably should install
INFO Fri Mar 15 2019 17:54:58 Executing post-process-script ComicRN.py for The.Walking.Dead.189.2019.Digital.Zone-Empire
INFO Fri Mar 15 2019 17:54:57 Move for The.Walking.Dead.189.2019.Digital.Zone-Empire successful

Running Development (latest)
Windows 10
No errors in Mylar log
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Post-process-script ComicRN.py ... failed

Post by evilhero »

There are 2 post-processing methods available that you can use: ComicRN & Completed Download Handling (CDH)

With the ComicRN (if you're using a newer version - ie. anything recent), it switched from using a username/password to using the Mylar API. So you would have:
- enable the API within Mylar and generate an API key. Once the key is generated make sure to save the configuration. - take that apikey value and put the value in the autoProcessComics.cfg file under the apikey field.
Save it, and then you shouldn't get that error.

However, because the new method uses the requests module, which is bundled with Mylar, but because it's the download client making the request - sometimes the requests module isn't installed on the OS. So you'd have to install requests at the system level, which can be done by issuing a `pip install requests` command from the command line, as long as you have pip installed for python (which normally by default it is).

Of course, there is a less labour / better method to utilise, and that's called Completed Download Handling (CDH). The option is available in the NZBGet section within Mylar. Enable it, save the configuration and that's it. You will have to disable the ComicRN script within your NZB Client however, as you can't have both CDH and ComicRN active at the same time. Mylar will then monitor your download client for completion after a snatch, and initiate post-processing upon completion, cleaning up afterwards as per normal.
owlbear

Post by owlbear »

You're my hero :)
It works great now.

Thanks so much for the swift reply
disposablehero

Post by disposablehero »

can this CDH also be done with Sabnzb?

thanks
DH
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

The option to enable CDH is in the relevant GUI client location within Mylar - so yes.