Deluge + Jackett + Mylar (torrents)

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
DarkSlave

Deluge + Jackett + Mylar (torrents)

Post by DarkSlave »

EDITED WITH SOLUTION:
Link to my screenshot settings. I have several indexers selected on Jackett, so this settings uses All Indexers selected.
https://imgur.com/a/Tq79A4G

Thanks and enjoy!

I have Mylar installed via Docker and opening on port 8090. I have been able to get some comics into Mylar, but they were via the 'Manage' options. So I know that some portion of Mylar is working for me.

The issue that I am running is that I can't seem to make a connection between Mylar and Jackett to search the .tor files, to then dump them into Deluge to download, to them have Mylar pick them up and put them in the right place.

Under Setting\Test the torznab added, which in this case I have: http://jackett:9117/jackett/api/v2.0/in ... s/torznab/

a 'Test' doesn't show anything, positive nor negative, so I really have no idea if they are even communicating. That's pretty much the same settings I have for other containers that I am using, and they work with such information; the other containers ask for torznab URL as: http://jackett:9117 and API path as: /api/v2.0/indexers/all/results/torznab/api

I have included ALL my settings screenshots under the below link if that helps with my settings.
My Mylar screenshot settings: https://imgur.com/a/Tq79A4G

I also noticed that it saved the .torrent file into the ~/.docker/config/mylar/mylar/cache/ and they are just simply sitting there.

Error Log with Debug On:
2019-03-10 21:25:08 ERROR Unable to send torrent - check logs and settings (this would be marked as a BAD torrent if Failed Handling was enabled)
2019-03-10 21:25:08 INFO Not connected to Deluge!
2019-03-10 21:25:08 ERROR Could not connect to Deluge 10.1.1.60
2019-03-10 21:24:47 DEBUG [torznab] Saved torrent file to : /config/mylar/cache/Black_Panther_5_2018.torrent
2019-03-10 21:24:45 DEBUG filename for torrent set to : /config/mylar/cache/Black_Panther_5_2018.torrent
2019-03-10 21:24:45 INFO matched on Black Panther
2019-03-10 21:24:45 DEBUG Torrent Provider:torznab
2019-03-10 21:24:45 DEBUG link:http://jackett:9117/jackett/dl/worldwid ... ey=****API Masked****]&file=Black+Panther+005+(2018)+(Digital)+(Zone-Empire).cbr
2019-03-10 21:24:45 DEBUG ComicName:Black Panther
2019-03-10 21:24:45 DEBUG link given by: torznab
2019-03-10 21:24:45 INFO Found Black Panther (2018) #5 using Jackett (WWT) (torznab)
2019-03-10 21:24:45 DEBUG issues match!
2019-03-10 21:24:45 DEBUG nzbname used for post-processing:Black.Panther.005.2018.Digital.Zone-Empire

TIA
Last edited by DarkSlave on Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Deluge + Jackett + Mylar (torrents)

Post by evilhero »

If it's saving the .torrent file in your cache folder then it's successful in communicating with jackett as your logs indicated. You can verify if it's a .torrent file by just opening it up and viewing it. If it's binary data, then it's a torrent - if it's HTML/XML then it's a nope.

The problem, again as per the log, says that it can't connect to your deluge. It doesn't indicate a port in the url - do you have one specified for your deluge host within Mylar?

Also, the screenshot only shows the general info page, which has like no info about anything config related (aside from the fact that you're running a docker basically), so this the above question.
DarkSlave

Post by DarkSlave »

evilhero wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:05 am If it's saving the .torrent file in your cache folder then it's successful in communicating with jackett as your logs indicated. You can verify if it's a .torrent file by just opening it up and viewing it. If it's binary data, then it's a torrent - if it's HTML/XML then it's a nope.
It is a .torrent file, I was able to move it to my watch folder, and it did download successful, and left it there, as it has nothing looking for it. I had Mylar via the Manage/Scan Comic Library, and it moved the file, and removed the 'Wanted' to 'Downloaded'
evilhero wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:05 am The problem, again as per the log, says that it can't connect to your deluge. It doesn't indicate a port in the url - do you have one specified for your deluge host within Mylar?
Under Settings/Download settings: I have Deluge selected, Deluge Host:Port as: 10.1.1.60:8112, Username: automatically did `None`, Password: myPassword, Deluge label: comics
evilhero wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:05 am Also, the screenshot only shows the general info page, which has like no info about anything config related (aside from the fact that you're running a docker basically), so this the above question.
Try now, I did see that I only copied the one, rather than all 6 screens.
TIA
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Can you try setting up a username in your deluge client and then adding in that username within Mylar for the deluge usernamet? I'm wondering if it's a problem with the None value for some reason not being treated as an actual value of None as opposed to a string value of 'None'.

You do seem to have some problems with your current workflow tho (Once you get the torrent client sorted out, this is all stuff to consider after that point):

You'll need to enable Post-Processing so that Mylar knows to be able to post-process items. Not doing that, you can't even perform a manual post-processing of anything downloaded outside of Mylar (ie. You should not be running a Scan Comic Library for issues that you tried to download within Mylar, as that would mean that you have the series on your watchlist.) Scan Comic Library is to be used only for series that do not exist on your watchlist - the point being it will scan your files, and then add the series to the watchlist and then move/copy the files into the series directory accordingly.

Mylar will also not monitor you local download torrent client for completion. It can however monitor a folder for completed items, and then post-process those items once they've completed. So usually with users using a local torrent client, we tell them:
- Set your post-processing action to copy (so that it doesn't disturb your seeding, and then you can perform metatagging on the copied item and not affect the original seed)
- Set your Folder Monitor to monitor the location where your torrent client stores your comics (ie. whatever location your comics category might be set to if you base it off your file-paths). Once you enable Post-Processing, you'll see the Folder Monitor option appear.
- Set the folder monitor to fire off not less than every 5 minutes as less than that could cause overlap on large folders being scanned as well as high CPU usage if it's set to like every minute or less.
- Save the configuration and restart Mylar so that the monitor can be initiated properly from startup (it should try to initialise after the save, but there have been some problems with some monitors get locked due to other factors and then failing to initialise).
DarkSlave

Post by DarkSlave »

evilhero wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:57 pm Can you try setting up a username in your deluge client and then adding in that username within Mylar for the deluge usernamet? I'm wondering if it's a problem with the None value for some reason not being treated as an actual value of None as opposed to a string value of 'None'.
Deluge doesn't even offer a NAME/USERNAME, only a password, so that field is pretty much a NULL question to ask a Deluge user; at least a Deluge 1.3.15 user, I don't know about beta 2.0, as it doesn't work on Linux/ARM yet.
evilhero wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:57 pm You do seem to have some problems with your current workflow tho (Once you get the torrent client sorted out, this is all stuff to consider after that point):
I have other containers working fine with the same workflow; Sonarr, Radarr, Lidarr, Bazarr. They all send/search via Jackett, once Jackett finds the .torrent file, sends it to Deluge to download and assigns a Deluge 'LABEL', which once Deluge is done it moves it to the /completed/tvshows or whichever folder, and then the program that sent the search will get it from there, move it, rename it, etc., after x amount of minutes just as you specified the 5 minutes check. So it would be pretty much the same thing, but since Mylar is not wanting to communicate with Deluge directly, I have no way to assign a 'label' for the sequence to continue. I did noticed that it was downloading the .torrent file onto the /mylar/cache directory, so I changed it to 'WatchDir' under the Download Settings to a watch folder, but being a simple watch folder, I have no way to add a 'Label' for the sequence to continue, so I am having to do the rest manually. I think that if I could simply get Deluge and Mylar to talk to each other, the rest would work.
evilhero wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:57 pm Mylar will also not monitor you local download torrent client for completion. It can however monitor a folder for completed items, and then post-process those items once they've completed. So usually with users using a local torrent client, we tell them:
- Set your post-processing action to copy (so that it doesn't disturb your seeding, and then you can perform metatagging on the copied item and not affect the original seed)
- Set your Folder Monitor to monitor the location where your torrent client stores your comics (ie. whatever location your comics category might be set to if you base it off your file-paths). Once you enable Post-Processing, you'll see the Folder Monitor option appear.
- Set the folder monitor to fire off not less than every 5 minutes as less than that could cause overlap on large folders being scanned as well as high CPU usage if it's set to like every minute or less.
- Save the configuration and restart Mylar so that the monitor can be initiated properly from startup (it should try to initialise after the save, but there have been some problems with some monitors get locked due to other factors and then failing to initialise).
Once Deluge gets the torrent from Mylar, Mylar should assign a 'Label' which once done, Deluge will know what to do with the file, which is to send it to /completed/comics, which then Mylar via the Post-Processing, just as you mentioned, will then move/copy the files, and do it's thing. But having Mylar talk to Deluge is the first thing!

Thanks
Last edited by DarkSlave on Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

In your deluge Preferences / Daemon, is the Daemon Port enabled and the same port as what you have indicated in Mylar? Do you have allow remote connections enabled ?

I have 1.3.15 running, and the username that's required to connect to the daemon is actually indicated in your ~/.config/deluge/auth file. You need to have a username:password:level indicated therein so that the daemon client can authenticate properly (ie. in the format of username:password:level). I have 10 set for level in mine, can't remember all the levels, but 10 should be fine for most instances I'd imagine.
DarkSlave

Post by DarkSlave »

evilhero wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:14 pm In your deluge Preferences / Daemon, is the Daemon Port enabled and the same port as what you have indicated in Mylar? Do you have allow remote connections enabled ?
Deluge Daemon
https://imgur.com/XW87vJx
evilhero wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:14 pm I have 1.3.15 running, and the username that's required to connect to the daemon is actually indicated in your ~/.config/deluge/auth file. You need to have a username:password:level indicated therein so that the daemon client can authenticate properly (ie. in the format of username:password:level). I have 10 set for level in mine, can't remember all the levels, but 10 should be fine for most instances I'd imagine.
Deluge - Changed password back to default: deluge and updated Mylar
https://imgur.com/PJ2EFwf

Since it is not connecting to Deluge, it continues to get the .torrent file onto the ~/.docker/config/mylar/mylar/cache/filename.torrent

Updated changes to Mylar settings: https://imgur.com/a/Tq79A4G
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

I'm not 100% sure you can use the localclient auth if it's not a local connection (meaning same machine/docker as the deluge client - as most systems think of a docker as being independent from the main system).

The password that you're using in Mylar for the deluge password is the same password in the auth file correct ? Can you try to create a new auth user with a new username:password:level authentication scheme - restart deluge so it can reload the new auth settings and then try again ? (I'd ask if you restarted Mylar after the initial auth file change, but I'm going to assume yes - since that would be the obvious first starting point otherwise)
DarkSlave

Post by DarkSlave »

evilhero wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:28 pm I'm not 100% sure you can use the localclient auth if it's not a local connection (meaning same machine/docker as the deluge client - as most systems think of a docker as being independent from the main system).
I am not sure what you mean, as all my dockers/containers are running on the same box, and they can talk to each other by simply using the container name, in this case should be 'deluge' or 'deluge:8112'.

evilhero wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:28 pm The password that you're using in Mylar for the deluge password is the same password in the auth file correct ? Can you try to create a new auth user with a new username:password:level authentication scheme - restart deluge so it can reload the new auth settings and then try again ? (I'd ask if you restarted Mylar after the initial auth file change, but I'm going to assume yes - since that would be the obvious first starting point otherwise)
I have never known that Deluge had a username, so I don't even know how to set another user. I did check the auth file before I changed my regular password back onto the default, and yes, the info inside changed. Have you thought about a 'Test' button for deluge or some kind of API way to connect with each other? At this moment I have Mylar search via Jackett, dump the .torrent file onto a watch folder, that Deluge picks up, labels it 'comics'and once done, it moves it to my 'completed/comics' folder, which then via the post-process that you mentioned, for it to check that folder every so often, but that is not using the Deluge settings available. Sucks, as I am having to delete the torrents afterwards since such files are not really seeded much.

Do you have any user with Mylar + Deluge via Docker, communicating? TIA
DarkSlave

Post by DarkSlave »

Evilhero, I want to thank you for giving me some pointers on how to get it going. I have created a set of slides of my settings along with some pointers. If you feel that I am missing something or something is out of place, please let me know.

Link to my screenshot settings. I have several indexers selected on Jackett, so this settings uses All Indexers selected.

Thanks and enjoy!