Mylar stops searching after 5 minutes.

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
leftovernick

Mylar stops searching after 5 minutes.

Post by leftovernick »

When I restart Mylar it starts searching and will perform about a search a minute (give or take) but after about 5 minutes it just stops searching completely. Even after leaving it over night, it never started searching again. (even after the 360 minutes).

I have an error in my Log, but I'm not sure what it is saying. Looks like something in the search pattern spit an error? I'm assuming there's a setting that's wrong, but idk where to look.

Here is my search history from Hydra2 after restarting Mylar. (note: I took these results at 2019-02-26 14:24)

2019-02-26 13:15 one piece 091 Comic API
2019-02-26 13:14 my hero academia 16 Comic API
2019-02-26 13:14 my hero academia 016 Comic API
2019-02-26 13:14 dragon ball super 4 Comic API
2019-02-26 13:13 dragon ball super 04 Comic API
2019-02-26 13:12 dragon ball super 004 Comic API
2019-02-26 13:12 deadpool unleashed 23 Comic API
2019-02-26 13:12 deadpool unleashed 023 Comic API
2019-02-26 13:11 my hero academia 17 Comic API
2019-02-26 13:11 my hero academia 017 Comic API
2019-02-26 13:11 great wiz ruckus 1 Comic API
2019-02-26 13:10 great wiz ruckus 01 Comic API

Error in log:

2019-02-26 13:15:08 ERROR Uncaught exception: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/app/mylar/mylar/logger.py", line 337, in new_run
old_run(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 754, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "/app/mylar/mylar/helpers.py", line 3124, in search_queue
ss_queue = mylar.search.searchforissue(item['issueid'])
File "/app/mylar/mylar/search.py", line 1846, in searchforissue
foundNZB, prov = search_init(ComicName, IssueNumber, str(IssueYear),
SeriesYear, Publisher, IssueDate, StoreDate, actissueid, AlternateSearch,
UseFuzzy, ComicVersion, SARC=SARC, IssueArcID=IssueArcID, mode=mode,
rsscheck=rsscheck, ComicID=ComicID, filesafe=Comicname_filesafe,
allow_packs=allow_packs, oneoff=oneoff, manual=manual,
torrentid_32p=TorrentID_32p, digitaldate=DigitalDate, booktype=booktype)
File "/app/mylar/mylar/search.py", line 371, in search_init
logger.info(u"Alternate Search pattern detected...re-adjusting to : " + str(AS_Alternate))
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 0-4: ordinal not in range(128)

Here are (what I imagine are) relevant settings.

Interval
NZB Search Interval 360mins
NZB Search on startup yes
Search delay. 1mins

Newznab
Use Newznab yes
Newznab Name Hydra2
Newznab Host [SERVER-IP]: 5076
Verify SSL. no
Newznab API [HYDRA2-API]
Newznab UID blank
Enabled yes
Test Hydra2 passed
barbequesauce

Re: Mylar stops searching after 5 minutes.

Post by barbequesauce »

Without a full debug log it’s hard to pinpoint the real problem - but there’s a bit there that makes me think you have an invalid character in an alternate name for one of your series on its’ series settings tab. You may want to take a look there, and if it doesn’t turn anything up post the debug log please...
leftovernick

Post by leftovernick »

Is there a way to check that without selecting each individual series?

And where can I get the debug log for you?

The mylar.log file just shows about a million instances of this:

Code: Select all

26-Feb-2019 13:37:22 - ERROR   :: mylar.csv_load.1199 : MainThread : Could not locate exceptions.csv file. Make sure it is in datadir: /config/mylar
and then this:

Code: Select all

6-Feb-2019 13:42:28 - ERROR   :: mylar.excepthook.315 : SEARCH-QUEUE : Uncaught exception: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/app/mylar/mylar/logger.py", line 337, in new_run
    old_run(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 754, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "/app/mylar/mylar/helpers.py", line 3124, in search_queue
    ss_queue = mylar.search.searchforissue(item['issueid'])
  File "/app/mylar/mylar/search.py", line 1846, in searchforissue
    foundNZB, prov = search_init(ComicName, IssueNumber, str(IssueYear), SeriesYear, Publisher, IssueDate, StoreDate, actissueid, AlternateSearch, UseFuzzy, ComicVersion, SARC=SARC, IssueArcID=IssueArcID, mode=mode, rsscheck=rsscheck, ComicID=ComicID, filesafe=Comicname_filesafe, allow_packs=allow_packs, oneoff=oneoff, manual=manual, torrentid_32p=TorrentID_32p, digitaldate=DigitalDate, booktype=booktype)
  File "/app/mylar/mylar/search.py", line 371, in search_init
    logger.info(u"Alternate Search pattern detected...re-adjusting to : " + str(AS_Alternate))
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 0-4: ordinal not in range(128)
barbequesauce

Post by barbequesauce »

My hope was that with the debug log we could see what it was working on when it threw that exception. The error is another problem...

When you start mylar up, add the -v flag to the command line. That will log debug statements to mylar.log.

Now, onto the other error: is exceptions.csv in the mylar folder? If not, we need to find it and put it in there...
leftovernick

Post by leftovernick »

I think I may have found the series throwing the error. Yu Yu Hakusho had an alternate name of 幽☆遊☆白書. Removed that and and restarted Mylar. Seems to be going now without errors.

edit: spoke too soon. Gonna go through more titles and look for alternates.

edit2: One piece also had an alternate title of ワンピース##Wan Piisu (damn manga). It also looks like Mylar was searching for One Piece when it threw the error since that was the last search it did (one piece 091 which is the last issue in the series, so I'm assuming it starts from the most recent issue and searches down).

edit3: and Dragon Ball had an alternate tile ドラゴンボール. I'm realizing that Mylar actually looks at the most recent realize of each category, so it would be whatever title it searches for after One Piece. Idk what order it goes in beyond that though.

As for the exceptions file, I do not have one in my Mylar folder. This is an Unraid Docker install, so I just have the files that it came with. Should I have that file from somewhere?
barbequesauce

Post by barbequesauce »

Good to hear you found that answer...

For the exceptions.csv, I’d suggest reaching out to the image maintainer and ask them why they don’t ship the image with it; if they have questions on how it’s ysed or why it is there you can point them at the github site or the IRC channel and we can talk them through it.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

The fix for the unicode errors are now in development, but you're on a docker which is probably running the master branch so you'll have to wait for it to get there unfortunately.

Also, most dockers seem to set the logging to a warning level only, so you won't get anything in your logs but just warning messages. But like barbequesauce mentioned, using the -v switch on startup (or changing it in the Logs tab / Turn Verbose Logging ON) will enable verbose logging for future reference.

Also, just as an aside, not sure how accurate Mylar would be with manga searching - aside from it having to be on CV for it to even be searched - I guess it's possible, but just warning you that it's not been tested against in any way, shape or form.