Does DDL work?

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Does DDL work?

Post by evilhero »

Well DDL seems to be working for most - I mean there hasn't been any problems with people downloading stuff from the DDL option. You don't mention which branch you're running - but there was a fix in dev that went in a few days ago that addressed retrying not working due to url changes. This is not in master as of yet I believe.

Now, first - don't delete the jpg's from your cache folder. Doing that you pretty much blew away all of the covers for each series in your watchlist (the one that is displayed in the series detail page for a given series). The only way to get them back now is to refresh each series. The nzb's would be from your nzb snatches, the cbr's most likely are your DDL downloads (whether or not they completed successfully you'd have to check that). You can enable the cleanup_cache option in the config.ini by setting it to a value of True, which will then clean those nzbs, cbrs, etc from your cache directory on each startup/restart/save sequence so they don't get out of control. But yeah, NEVER delete the .jpgs from the cache folder. The html files are required for the DDL to parse stuff properly, but enabling the above option will make sure they don't stick around long.

No idea as to your ddl problem atm, mainly because you're filtering your logs. Filtering is akin to bringing the broken piece of a car to the garage and saying it's broken, without seeing what the car is or any other factor. There is a lot of information in the debug logs that do not have the series title in them that are very important when it comes to troubleshooting as it allows us to follow the workflow in the code - remove that, and it's like we're closing our eyes and trying to pinpoint stuff with not a great amount of success.

There is no need to move the folder monitor to the cache (that would be a BAD move cause then Mylar would attempt to pp everything in there). When a DDL download completes, it will initiate a post-processing directly against that one specific file (whether or not it can perform it immediately depends on how many items you have in your to be post-processed queue which is done on a FIFO basis). However it will get to it, provided the system isn't restarted or there's an error in a previous post-process run. Restarting Mylar during a DDL abandons the download and any chance of a pp against it, as well as blowing out the post-processing queue so if you have 15 items in the queue to post-process and you shut it down, those 15 items will never get post-processed automatically).

So you'll have to paste the full debug logs when you can and we can check out what's happening (also specify what branch and commit you're running as well for clarity).
Rumik

Post by Rumik »

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it!

I will see about getting you a complete log, because I am definitely seeing numerous instances of files just sitting in the cache folder.

Thanks!
Rumik

Post by Rumik »

Okiedokie, here's my latest log, complete: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Asi1zUxsGE36krs5yDRjLYfIGTwD9Q

Right now I have several comics sitting in my cache folder waiting to be post-processed and no idea why they haven't been.

Supergirl 029
Age of Conan Belit 02
Oblivion Song 14
Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man 002, 003, 004
Hit-Girl Season 2 003

Any ideas why they're not being post-processed, from looking at the logs?

Thanks.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Can't see anything in the logs - no indication of the ddl-queue even being monitored.

Can you restart Mylar, make sure your post-processing option is enabled.

If you're on the development branch (this isn't in Master yet) - go to Manage / Manage DDL Queue. Then from that GUI you should be able to see if anything is still running / not. If the Active Queue says there is a job still downloading, either abort it or restart it, and then see what happens.

Make sure you have debug logs enabled as per usual tho.

Once the snatch finishes, it should start post-processing and you should get notifs in the log indicating as such. Once that's finished (or it errors or stalls, etc), make sure to stop Mylar. Then the logs will stop and we should be able to see what's occurring.
Rumik

Post by Rumik »

Updated logs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Asi1zUxsGE36kr0gPiL1YCnC_ieBQw

It re-downloaded a particular comic - Poe Dameron 031. It's sitting in my cache folder right now. The log indicates it's going to be post-processed but nothing happened.

Post-processing is definitely enabled in my Advanced Settings.

There are also a bunch of other comics:

Hitting Start on all the queued items didn't seem to do anything.

Thanks