Comics with hyphen

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
nzbsmith

Comics with hyphen

Post by nzbsmith »

I am having a problem with Mylar finding comics with - in them. For instance, X-Men, X-Force, X-Factor, ETC. I've tried all kinds of things like setting alternative search keys like X%2DMen and various other things. X Men for instance does not match anything returned from Hydra. I've verified this by calling the api directly. When I change the space to a -, hydra retuns results. Mylar is stripping out the special characters and converting them into whitespace. I can see this in the mylar logs where it is calling my indexers (nzbhydra in my case). The %2D replacement for - is the closest and actually finds a match in the indexer but fails cause it only matches 66% (Men is compared to 2Dmen as the % is stripped out). Has anyone else experienced this and is there a work-around? Only solution I can think of at this point is a code change. Thanks.
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Comics with hyphen

Post by evilhero »

If you have a - in the query, it's treated as a 'do not include' instead of an actual hyphen, which is why Mylar replaces it with just a general space which will still poll the proper results.

I just tested on nzbhydra2, against x-men: blue, and it was able to retrieve the results fine
(screenshot showing search results from an upcoming dev build)

and from the current development build:

Code: Select all

11-Dec-2018 23:50:26 - INFO    :: mylar.NZB_SEARCH.481 : SEARCH-QUEUE : Shhh be very quiet...I'm looking for X-Men: Blue issue: 36 (2018) using NZBHydra (newznab).
11-Dec-2018 23:50:26 - DEBUG   :: mylar.NZB_SEARCH.714 : SEARCH-QUEUE : [SSL: False] Search URL: http://localhost:5076/api?t=search&q=x%20men%20blue%20036&o=xml&&cat=7030&apikey=xUDONTNEEDTOKNOWTHISx
11-Dec-2018 23:50:27 - INFO    :: mylar.NZB_SEARCH.768 : SEARCH-QUEUE : no errors on data retrieval...proceeding
11-Dec-2018 23:50:27 - DEBUG   :: mylar.NZB_SEARCH.802 : SEARCH-QUEUE : checking search result: X-Men Blue 036 (2018) (Digital) (Zone-Empire)
11-Dec-2018 23:50:27 - INFO    :: mylar.searcher.2440 : SEARCH-QUEUE : Found X-Men: Blue (2018) issue: 36 using NZBHydra (newznab)
I tested with only one indexer in my nzbhydra, which was AltHub - but it sounds like it's possibly the indexer that's having problems with the search parameters for some reason. Which indexer are you trying to hit and/or did you add nzbhydra as a newzab entry, not as a torznab entry ?

Also don't put urlencodes in the Alternate Search box - just put what the series should be called if the way CV has it is different than what it is that you're trying to download. You can have multiple Alternate Searches as well, just separate by double #'s (ie. Alternate Serach = X-Men##Uncanny X-Men) but be careful that you're not to general in your terms as you'll get really broad matches that could be wrong otherwise. The Alternate Search terms are used for direct matching against the parsed series titles, so putting in extra characters pretty much guarantees that it will never properly match.
nzbsmith

Re: Comics with hyphen

Post by nzbsmith »

Thanks for the quick reply. I can see from the log that you posted, you are getting the same results as I am with the x%20men in your search URL. I would agree that the indexer is not finding X Men, however, it does find X-Men which is why I thought it was a problem on the mylar side. I don't have an AltHub account to try that one (although would like one). I'm traveling this week, but if I remember I think I was using NzbIndex for the searches.
Are there any other known indexers that you use that will find results without the - ?

Thanks again.