Error when looking for issue

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
Harumann

Error when looking for issue

Post by Harumann »

Hi!

I get the following error when searching for new issues:

Exception in thread Thread-14:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "F:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line 552, in __bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File "F:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line 505, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
File "F:\Mylar\mylar-master\mylar\search.py", line 1505, in searchforissue
foundNZB, prov = search_init(comic['ComicName'], result['Issue_Number'], str
(ComicYear), comic['ComicYear'], Publisher, IssueDate, StoreDate, result['IssueI
D'], AlternateSearch, UseFuzzy, ComicVersion, SARC=None, IssueArcID=None, mode=m
ode, rsscheck=rsscheck, ComicID=result['ComicID'])
File "F:\Mylar\mylar-master\mylar\search.py", line 207, in search_init
findit = NZB_SEARCH(ComicName, IssueNumber, ComicYear, SeriesYear, Publisher
, IssueDate, StoreDate, torprov, torpr, IssDateFix, IssueID, UseFuzzy, ComicVers
ion=ComicVersion, SARC=SARC, IssueArcID=IssueArcID, ComicID=ComicID)
File "F:\Mylar\mylar-master\mylar\search.py", line 750, in NZB_SEARCH
issuedate_int = time.mktime(econv[:len(econv)-1])
TypeError: object of type 'NoneType' has no len()

Any idea what might cause this?
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Error when looking for issue

Post by evilhero »

Well it could be two things though the first probably isn't the reason.

- you're on the Master build from the looks of it, you should probably get onto the development build so that you can make sure you're as up to date as possible with bug fixes.

- the issue you're searching for has no store date or publication date available so it's returning a null value which is causing the time conversion to fail. Check the mylar.log file to see if there's any additional information, such as the series and issue it's failing on and I'll check into it more once you get that ;)
Harumann

Post by Harumann »

I've tried skipping comics to see if that helps, but it happens with all of it.

I've been moving between Master and Development quite a lot, but keeping the same database file and config-file. Could that be the problem? I had to scrap my database a while back and start over because Mylar just wouldn't work anymore. Can keeping the .db file when switching between branches corrupt the installation somehow?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Keeping the db and ini file when switching won't matter - only the dev branch would have new fields that might not be in the master, and it checks on startup and adds them accordingly. If you switched branches though while Mylar is running it could cause some db issues I would imagine.

It could be that you haven't refreshed the series in awhile and because of that it would have an invalid issue date. The other possibility is that you have an issue on your Wanted list that's not on your watchlist. Try doing a refresh series for some of the series you have in your Wanted list to make sure the data is current and try again.

You're doing a force Check for issues on the upcoming page I'm assuming?

Once you get that error or any error, you need to restart Mylar so that thing are clean. Try restarting if you haven't already and trying again maybe.
Harumann

Post by Harumann »

I tried refreshing every single series I have added, restarted but still no luck! And yes, I am indeed force searching from the wanted list!

I've also switched back to the development branch, but to no avail. Is there any more information I can get you to make troubleshooting easier/possible?
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

The mylar.log file might hold some additional information so that might be useful.

Aside from that what worked with others that have had similar type problems (meaning db isolated to themselves) was to send me a copy of their db file. I can then load it on my local branch to debug properly.
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

Ok, here's the modified search.py file:

http://www.filedropper.com/search_4

Try that, and then post back what the mylar.log file indicates just before it bombs out...there should be more information related to the problem at hand and we can then get it going from there.

PS. email / PM's on this board really suck - this msg (in a pm) is still sitting in my 'to send' queue for almost an hour now :(