Loop on "Comic Information Being Loaded"

Post any problems / bugs / issues that are Mylar-related in here.
Methanoid

Loop on "Comic Information Being Loaded"

Post by Methanoid »

2000AD seems to give Mylar issues due to the number of issues... but I hit refresh comic (to get it to pick up the new issue this week) and its been stuck for several hours reloading info

Log says: 2018-08-30 10:36:54 ERROR Could not locate exceptions.csv file. Make sure it is in datadir: /config/mylar

I know I have had this before and I thought I had reported it but cannot see it anywhere....

I am running Mylar via a Docker from Linuxserver.io if that changes anything
evilhero
Site Admin

Re: Loop on "Comic Information Being Loaded"

Post by evilhero »

Don't think running it in a docker would impact things. The 2000 A.D is a huge series, and yeah it can take a few minutes for it to complete the refresh properly. If you hit it before the process completes it just keeps on opening up subsequent refreshes of the same series and eventually they'll either lock, or you could even hit the CV API limit as you'd be hitting it more than once / second in theory.

I believe the docker silences the log to just log errors, so it's not a surprise that it's throwing only that error (the exceptions.csv file should be located in the same directory as the program - just like it shows in github if you were to view the file listing there). You might have to enable debug logging first (Logs tab, toggle verbose ON) and then perform a Refresh Series and see what the log shows and/or where it actually stops in the process.
Methanoid

Post by Methanoid »

Thanks but I went to check this morning and its sorted itself out.. took a while but at least it did... :lol:
evilhero
Site Admin

Post by evilhero »

There are a few series that cause problems with Mylar when it comes to readily showing the results to the screen. 2000 A.D. being one, the Uncanny X-men being another (1981), and the Amazing Spider-Man (1963) are some that we're aware of having this problem.

Trying to work through speeding up the display properly so that it only has to load what's being shown on the screen at the given time, but again time is a factor in this as well as manpower ;) It's on the radar, just might take a bit of time before it hits the dev branch, but it would be a nice thing to have present regardless.
Methanoid

Post by Methanoid »

Argh, back again. Same issue, well worse really...

I can import all my comics bar 2000AD... tried to import existing folder and it barfs so tried to add 2000AD as a comic (leaving files in place).. takes a day and then barfs having tried (it appears as reading etc but then completely disappears later).

Is there any strategy I need to take to get Mylar to cope with 2000AD?
barbequesauce

Post by barbequesauce »

I got it to work, doing it in chunks of 500 issues...